Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWOOF

Options
  • 06-02-2009 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience of doing time as a Willing Worker On an Organic Farm, to gain your second WHV?

Rightly or wrongly, it gives the impression of being a bit more relaxed, and at least it would take care of your accommodation for the first couple of months - instead of arriving to a hostel and having to sort something out quick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Another related question....

Does your three months have to be with the same employer, or can you do a month here, a month there and a month somewhere else and then add them all together to get your 88 days?

I had always thought you had to do it three months at a time, but I'm wrong, aren't I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Mmeow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mdrizzle

You dont have to do 3 months all at once it can be divided up, as long as you get the piece of paper signed by the farmer before you leave, (sometimes the can be a real pain when u need something from them)
    Also I though the whole WOOF thing was voluntry? You dont get paid right? Done 3 months on a Banana farm in Queensland! Best time I had pretending to work and getting minimum wage and accomodation! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 LisaMe

I know I'm bumping an old thread but I'd really love to hear of people's experiences of doing WWOOFing for the 3 months specified work. Doesn't sound as harsh as some of the stories I've heard of farm work/fruit picking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

hmm, i have a mate looking to do rural work in about a month.
    Can anyone give advice for him? Hes thinking of going up north tho would prefer to do it in VIC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement