Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Card advice

Options
  • 06-02-2009 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭

Hey i built my first rig last september and since then ive been using a usb dongle. Now im looking to get a network card so i can wire my computer up to a network if ever neccessary but im also fairly certain a decent wireless card would improve my connection compared to the dongle. So im looking for a card with wireless and wired capabilities if they exist (i have no clue about them).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Tillotson

You probably have onboard gigabit ethernet.

I would want to make sure that your usb dongle was the problem.

If you wanted to spend money you could buy a wireless N router plus an adapter. What's the point if your not moving large files/streaming HD around your network, or the signal strength is particulary poor?

What specifically are you trying to improve?

If at all possible run CAT 5e to your router.

Just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The problem is when playing most games my connection is not as good as compared to my old laptop which had a wireless card and since my pc and laptop are in the same room im guessing the dongle is the problem. Mainly id be looking to hook it up for LAN gaming with mates

Advertisement