Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audiobooks

Options
  • 06-02-2009 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

I have a fairly large audiobook collection, but its quite expensive to keep getting new stuff and usually resort to ordering them online from amazon.

Is there anywhere specific in Ireland (Dublin preferably) with a good collection. I find most bookstores I've been to in Dublin all stock the same rubbish and renew their audiobook orders so rarely and are shockingly overpriced.

Am i best to keep going with my online orders? Have downloaded one or two but they are hard to find.

Does anyone wanna trade??

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Are you talking audio CDs - or digital MP3s?

I've listened to a few books in digital format and in my experience they aren't hard to find. Agreed, legal versions of downloads are very pricey - esp through brand stores like iTunes. But other online stores are cheaper, and definitely cheaper than the shops, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭markyedison

this may sound silly but why not look in your local library. they have mp3s and cds and they're free. link to the dublin city catalogue below

http://libcat.dublincity.ie/cgi-bin/dublin-cat.sh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Dades wrote: »
    But other online stores are cheaper, and definitely cheaper than the shops, imo.

What other online stores would you recommend other than iTunes? Audible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

If you with audible you can download any two you like a month for around 18 euros a month

Advertisement