Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing a CBR

• 06-02-2009 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

anyone have any tips to remove one without a pliers or any tool?
    the ring is in my smiley and i'm too scared to take anything near it and i wont be near any piercing place for a good month.
    any tips or should i just leave it till i'm near a studio? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

If you trust someone or have a really steady hand, get a clean nail clippers. put it right beside the ball where the ring meets, clip it, the ball will pop out no problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

If you trust someone or have a really steady hand, get a clean nail clippers. put it right beside the ball where the ring meets, clip it, the ball will pop out no problem :)
    ooooooh, thank you :)

ok, it wont work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

I had trouble trying to get a cbr out of my smiley too, eventually had to go to the piercer and have him take it out. You could try drying everything off as much as possible, but tbh they're quite awkward piercings to change because the rings are so small and your lip can kind of get in the way too.

If it's really not happening for you, I'd say just leave it. You don't want to tear anything by trying to pull the ball out. :O

tabouli wrote: »
    I had trouble trying to get a cbr out of my smiley too, eventually had to go to the piercer and have him take it out. You could try drying everything off as much as possible, but tbh they're quite awkward piercings to change because the rings are so small and your lip can kind of get in the way too.

If it's really not happening for you, I'd say just leave it. You don't want to tear anything by trying to pull the ball out. :O
    yeah that's what i thinkin :(
    thanks for your reply though, very helpful :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

what the feck is a cbr piercing and smiley thing. Only cbr i know is the motorbike. Sounds cool lol

seanybiker wrote: »
    what the feck is a cbr piercing and smiley thing. Only cbr i know is the motorbike. Sounds cool lol
    this is a cbr :)
    ss_cbr_ssb.jpg

aand this is a smiley piercing (not me)
    lindasmiley.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

suzaane wrote: »
    ss_cbr_ssb.jpg

aand this is a smiley piercing (not me)
    lindasmiley.jpg
    ah cool i used to have a cbr. Bloody annoying things lol. Smiley looks well sore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

suzaane wrote: »
    ss_cbr_ssb.jpg

I always heard them as being "bcr" Ball Closure Rings"

I have actually replaced most of my peircings with these, they don't get caught when taking helmet on or off, one of my daughters has em in her ears too, less hassle and less maintenance for her ;)

All that is needed is a bit of patience and a steady clean hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

cbr= captive bead ring isn it? same thing but just a different name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Depends on the size of the ring too. Quite small ones like used in an eyebrow piercing, or in the lip web piercing like this could be pretty tricky to do without pain or damaging/tearing the webbing...

Honestly, I'd say wait till you can get to a piercer, or go out of your way to get to one if it's a priority.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Suzanne,
    If you can get a pair of latex gloves and it should separate easy enough.The rubber will give you a better grip.Always works for me.

thanks for the help guys :)

i'll try that hellrazer, and if not i'll just wait till i'm near a piercer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ilostminame

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Suzanne,
    If you can get a pair of latex gloves and it should separate easy enough.The rubber will give you a better grip.Always works for me.

beat me too it....i was just about to suggest that....i find when changing jewelery, either cbrs or trying to unscrew wearing a pair of latex makes the whole thing alot easier,

Advertisement