Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing a mobiles firmware

• 06-02-2009 5:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend where I can download a non branded firmware for a SE k850i?
    The vodafone menu is driving me crazy!, especially after using the same phone with SE's factory default firmware.

And is there any pros/cons I should consider before flashing the phone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Can't think of any cons of removing network branding from a phone :)

r1fa035;

http://rapidshare.com/files/194632552/r1fa035.rar.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭paul.irl

Eoin087 wrote: »
    And is there any pros/cons I should consider before flashing the phone?

If the phone is still under warranty, it won't be afterwards. Having said that I've yet to find a maufacturer who won't honour the warranty because changes to the SW like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

Thanks for the info guys and thanks Columba for the link.
    Outta curiousity, where did you find the firmware? Google wasn't much help to me when I went searching for it.

I unlock / flash phones on a daily basis, I have access to servers of Nokia, Sony Ericsson etc firmware. I uploaded that to rapidshare for ya :)

I unlock / flash phones on a daily basis, I have access to servers of Nokia, Sony Ericsson etc firmware. I uploaded that to rapidshare for ya :)
    Cool thanks really appreciate it :)

• Advertisement

NP. Did you manage to flash it successfully? Hope it's working well for you :)

NP. Did you manage to flash it successfully? Hope it's working well for you :)
    lol it didn't quite go to plan :o Can't find anything that can flash the k850i.

I've emailed Sony Ericsson hoping that they could point me in the right direction, not expecting much from them though :P

Thanks for the help anyway Columba :)

Advertisement