Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog/Baby friendly Car

Options
  • 06-02-2009 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Not sure if this should be here or Motors - so going in both! I'm in the market for a newish car which I can get through work. I pretty much have a free choice so I'm looking for something that will comfortably fit two cockers in the boot - plus a buggy (and soon to be double buggy). Crrently have a ford focus 01 which is getting a bit too cramped.
    Any ideas? Saloons are out as I have some relatively rough ground to drive to when I go to the beach so looking for something quite robust. At first look I'm thinking Cmax, Rav4 or a Quashqai but haven;t tested any out?
    Does anyone have any idea for a good dog/babies friendly vehicle?

Cheers in advance

Jim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

We bought a Subaru Forester for getting a dog. We're not having any babies! But there are Isofix (not really sure what these are!) seats in the rear.

We were looking at something that drove like a car, but had the off road capabilities (which came in VERY handy over the last few days) so we had a choice between the Audi All-road and the Forester. The All-road is more luxurious inside, and it has more space. But it has height adjustible suspension, which if broke would cost a bomb to fix. So after reading the reviews etc the Forester won out. You'll get the last model (new model just out, old since '04) with all the bells and whistles for less than 9K.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Any decent estate car would be my choice.

Volvo v70/v50 etc.I say Volvo because the range of dog guards available for them is great (btw I do work for a Volvo dealer)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

www.parkers.co.uk have decent reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

With a baby on the way and 2 big dogs we recently bought a Volvo estate, V50. Its great. The dogs fit nicely into the boot part and although I haven't had the baby yet (next month:eek:) I can't forsee any problems.

Advertisement