Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

84x from dublin last night

Options
  • 06-02-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Just curious if anyone was on the 16:45 84x from eden quay last night.

What time did it read charlesland at, I jumped off the thing at the bottom of the southern cross and walked over Bray head with another guy, great chat we had too :D.

Got home to Kilcoole at 20:30 after getting someone to meet me at the other side of Bray head, just curious if it ended up being a good decision

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I got on a 184 at Bray Station at 17.15. By 19.00 we had only reached Tesco in Bray. Eventually the driver turned down the southern cross and took the N11 to Charlesland, we arrived at 20.30, so over 3 hours total journey (on top of an hour on the Dart).

I'm surprised your 84x driver actually went down the southern cross- the gardai seemed to have the Windgates road closed-off and our driver heard about it over the radio. A bad day - the Dart line closure came at a very bad time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

I was doing a later trip that Thursday, 90 minutes to get to Cabinteely - then the bus was soon empty - i turned and went back to the garage. Too dangerous especially at Dunnes stores outbound.
    One lad on the 44's took 3 hrs to get to town from Enniskerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

What:eek:

I'm moving to charlesland soon and will need to get the 84x each day. Is it normally that bad? Oh, where does it stop in charlesland btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

jaffa20 wrote: »

I'm moving to charlesland soon and will need to get the 84x each day. Is it normally that bad? Oh, where does it stop in charlesland btw?

Don't panic....the problem reported by the OP was due to severe snow falls in the Sth Dublin / Bray area and traffic chaos ensued for hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Relax i havent seen delays like these since Clinton was over with bertie in Trinity one evening about ten years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The stop is on the Southern Access Route (the main road), just at Charlesland Wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Toto_02

Dont worry it's very good and flies in

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭wicklah

For me, DART is faster to city centre. 84x is just handier, stops very close to my house so no driving to greystones, parking in park and ride, walking up, getting ticket etc etc. Roughly over the 6 or so trips I've taken, it has averaged probably at 1hr 30mins -> 1hr 50mins.

If I get the DART, it is (without delays) around 1hr 15mins - 1hr 30mins. Not much of a difference but adds up over a week.

Advertisement