Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMI Baby flights from Cork stopped..!

Options
  • 06-02-2009 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭

I just saw that BMI are stopping their sevice from Cork to Birmingham from the end of March.

This is terrible news for me as I depend on them to see the girlfriend. As with Aer Lingus the only flight on a Friday is at 1.20pm and there is no return flight on a Sunday.

Any news on whether Aer Lingus will provide additional flights especially on Friday?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I worked in Birmingham last year and used to get this flight.
    Was handy as it left Birmingham at 8.30pm on the Friday, so could do a full days work and still get home on the friday. This was opposed to the Aer Lingus 3.10pm flight, which meant taking a half day.
    As a bonus BMI left Cork on the Sunday at circa 8pm, so could have a day in Cork. Again opposed to Aer Lingus' screwed up sunday departure at 2pm.
    Mind you, this was 2008 timings.
    The cork BMI flights were always full, what with people working and the weekend stags/hens etc. Oh well.

Advertisement