Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Stolen - Rahoon

Options
  • 06-02-2009 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just noticed my bike has been stolen from the bike shed outside my apartment (ok probably not the safest place to leave it), id say it would have been taken at some point last night.

Its a 2001 Kona Cinder Cone, black with rox shox judy forks, pic etc below...
    http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2001&Brand=Kona&Model=Cinder+Cone&Type=bike

Looks like they cut through the pad lock with bolt cutters the buggers.
    Anyways, if anyone notices it around let me know, id love it back! If you see a black Kona Cinder Cone for sale around town its probably mine, dont buy it, its stolen!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

That's a pity, it's lovely bike! I'd say that they will either use it for parts or do a really dodgy spray-paint job on it, and then try to sell it to one of their scum-bag friends for a bottle od Buckfast (not that I'm knocking Buckfast).
    It's a touchy subject for me. I just bought a big, expensive lock for my own bike yesterday in town so this kind of thing wouldn't happen. The problem is though, there is nothing you can do about wanton vandalism. I have noticed lately a lot of bikes in NUIG with missing or mangled wheels. Even in a certain multi-storey carpark in town, a lot of the bikes are ruined and there's cctv operational in there :eek:
    Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for sure and I hope you get it back. Was it insured?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That bikes already in Mexico by now. I wouldn't hold out much hope in getting it back.

There's a lesson to be learned here. Don't buy nice things, they'll only get stolen on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

My sympathies.

I had a Specialized mountain bike stolen off me a few years back. Haven't had a nice bike since - and I still had another one stolen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Any idea who took it? Do you think they robbed it so they could sell it? I'm in the market for a bike, and it sounds like they might let it go for cheap, if it didn't cost them anything...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I have noticed lately a lot of bikes in NUIG with missing or mangled wheels. Even in a certain multi-storey carpark in town, a lot of the bikes are ruined and there's cctv operational in there :eek:
    Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for sure and I hope you get it back. Was it insured?

Lately?
    You'd have to be blissfully ignorant to leave your bike parked up under the concourse overnight, it's the drunk's gauntlet of chaos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Any idea who took it? Do you think they robbed it so they could sell it? I'm in the market for a bike, and it sounds like they might let it go for cheap, if it didn't cost them anything...

Let me know if you don't decide to buy it. I know someone looking for one aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

Thanks for the replies. That does teach me for buying a nice bike, especially locking it up outside, I should have known that was a bad idea.

As for its where abouts, its not in mexico thats for sure. I saw it the next day, and not far from where it was stolen. Some kid was riding it around with a couple of friends, I happened to see it as I was driving past but unfortunately the fecker sped off before I could grab him. I did get his name tho, well according to the 2 kids he was with, it could be made up for all I know, and a rough location so I may see it again. Ill have to be a bit quicker next time!

Sorry to hear that op had my bike stolen a few years back and it did my head in. Just after remembering something that happened last Friday. Myself and 2 friends were walking up toward town from the Roisin and as we we crossing the bridge beside the Roisin a little scum bag was using a piece of concrete to try and break the lock off of a bike. He actually asked us if we would give him a hand, felt like throwing the fcuker in the canal and seeing if anayone would give him a hand get out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mark-zapcat

That's a pity, it's lovely bike! I'd say that they will either use it for parts or do a really dodgy spray-paint job on it, and then try to sell it to one of their scum-bag friends for a bottle od Buckfast (not that I'm knocking Buckfast).
    It's a touchy subject for me. I just bought a big, expensive lock for my own bike yesterday in town so this kind of thing wouldn't happen. The problem is though, there is nothing you can do about wanton vandalism. I have noticed lately a lot of bikes in NUIG with missing or mangled wheels. Even in a certain multi-storey carpark in town, a lot of the bikes are ruined and there's cctv operational in there :eek:
    i live close to nuig and you always see "scum-bags" drinking under the bridge and robbing bikes afterwards to make their way home! and the secuirty down there are worse than useless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

bloo wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just noticed my bike has been stolen from the bike shed outside my apartment (ok probably not the safest place to leave it), id say it would have been taken at some point last night.

Its a 2001 Kona Cinder Cone, black with rox shox judy forks, pic etc below...
    http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2001&Brand=Kona&Model=Cinder+Cone&Type=bike

Looks like they cut through the pad lock with bolt cutters the buggers.
    Anyways, if anyone notices it around let me know, id love it back! If you see a black Kona Cinder Cone for sale around town its probably mine, dont buy it, its stolen!

Cheers
    Hahahahahahaha, are you for real? just give up, its gone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

yeah-buddy wrote: »
    Hahahahahahaha, are you for real? just give up, its gone!

He already said he "nearly" got him - who's to say he won't get a second chance. Read the thread.

Has there never been a single occurance of a bike being recovered after being stolen ever? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

mine was stolen from outside the kingfisher gym, :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

He already said he "nearly" got him - who's to say he won't get a second chance. Read the thread.

Has there never been a single occurance of a bike being recovered after being stolen ever? :rolleyes:

My brother had his bike stolen twice and got it back twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

My nice expensive trek was stolen twice from me and twice I got it back... (and I'm not even Tawny's bro)

Anyway, put the word out that you are looking for a nice second hand bike and will pay big bucks...

Also next nice bike you get ensure it has a "New York, Krypotonite" lock... Kearney Cycles have them.

Its a lovely bike, I'll keep an eye out for it, shouldn't be too hard to find with the Shimano Deore all over it. Do you reckon there is another bike like it in Galway? You bought it in Kearney cycles right (I know they sold these bikes last year, and the probably did before that).

Look up your insurance, it may be covered.

Advertisement