Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kilmacanogue, Nth Wicklow.

Options
  • 06-02-2009 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Regional Broadband - is it me or is the service gone to hell in the Kilmacanogue/North Wicklow area? For past week or more - very poor speeds up down. Since snowfall nearly non-existent. Comment , please, before madness sets in permanently! Michael r.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pp99

It's not you - It's in Kilcoole too.

Apparently a major technical problem - AGAIN!

Keep ringing them - and email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ronan.michael@g

pp99 wrote: »
    It's not you - It's in Kilcoole too.

Apparently a major technical problem - AGAIN!

Keep ringing them - and email them.
    Thanks for reply. Sunday 0900 -- now apparantly fixed. Long may it last! Can generally be quite good in Kilmac - aerial on Little Sugarloaf - about 1mile line of sight - falls apart most afternoons 'til after 2100. When its good its very good. Cheers Michael r. ps This time their ph nr - 1890404050 - had a repeated msg ref Wexford fault - infuriating in extremis! No facility to even leave a message. I think it'll be years before we get dependable connnection - increasing contention ratio will see to that. Can a check be done on contention ratio?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Thanks for reply. Sunday 0900 -- now apparantly fixed. Long may it last! Can generally be quite good in Kilmac - aerial on Little Sugarloaf - about 1mile line of sight - falls apart most afternoons 'til after 2100. When its good its very good. Cheers Michael r. ps This time their ph nr - 1890404050 - had a repeated msg ref Wexford fault - infuriating in extremis! No facility to even leave a message. I think it'll be years before we get dependable connnection - increasing contention ratio will see to that. Can a check be done on contention ratio?

No. Contention is as such a variable thing. Basically take you speed, that you are paying for, split it by the contention (so if 48:1, split it by 48) and that's the minimum speed they have to deliver.

You won't be happy with the result of that calculation though, i'd imagine. :)

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I'll be moving to Kilmac in the next few months any Ideas on who's the best broadband company to go for around there?

Advertisement