Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else completely disillusioned with Irish Politics?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The one thing that makes me disillusioned about politics in Ireland is the way that Beverly Flynn was invited back in to join the governing party, the party that was meant to be taking corruption out of politics.

She lost her libel case against RTE, who should have bankrupted her if there was any justice in this country. But no, they let her off and she is then asked to rejoin FF. After rejoining FF, she continues to take her independent TDs allowance until she is called on it. She is not asked to pay back the money that she morally (if not strictly legally) knew was WRONG to take.

This woman makes me sick to the pit of my stomach and is the main reason that I would be disillusioned with Irish politics. Surely all the other TDs must hate her as they will all be treated with contempt and snide remarks (i.e. "those TDs are all on the take") because of her actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Babybing wrote: »

Green Party:
    Can you imagine an Ireland under the control of the greens? I can.....shudder.

untainted by FF they probably wouldn't be half bad. What policies do you want OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Hillel

This is now official. Brian Lenihan couldn't squeeze out the s word when asked just now on the week in politics. No wonder people are disillusioned.

Advertisement