Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on Broadband in Ongar, Dublin 15

Options
  • 06-02-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm going ****ing spaj trying to get an internet connection at home on my new laptop, can anyone offer some assistance please??

I am living in an apt with no phone land line.
    Apt is wired up for broadworks - who I want to stay away from.

I tried Irish broadband, but there was no signal.
    Just got 3broadband on Tuesday but it takes an eternity to open a web site so am going to get it back to them asap. I was using you tube as a yard stick but impossible to watch a video.

I called 3's support line (for the record their free phone number is 1800 944 034 - I found this out after spending €20 phone credit!) and they were directing me to the speedtest.net site but it took so long to load/open up, the guy gave up and said there were too many people in my area using the network at that time !!
    I understand the system will be slower at peak times but I should still be able to use it, shouldnt I !??

I just need to be able to surf, check facebook, and download music.....

Any other options available to me without getting phone line?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Advertisement