Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New meteor phone...thinking LG Viewty?

• 06-02-2009 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/lg_viewty/#/in_all_phones

Hi,

I need a new pay-as-you go phone.
    I currently have a Motorola Razor thingy that will be 3 yrs old soon. Lately it isn't working too well, texts are taking hours to come through to my phone etc.
    So...I'm looking for a new phone.

Has anyone ever used the LG Viewty.
    Any fans of it, and why? Or anyone hate it, and why?

Also, can anyone recommend a better one if this is no good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Spider_Piglet

Mr.S wrote: »
    Very good for the price, best camera phone i've ever used anyway, and the video recording is amazing for a camera phone... You can also record at 120FPS, so super slowmo videos can be made, and the in phone editor is pritty good.

The Battery is alright, if you turn of 3G, and dim the brighness a bit, youll get about 2 days max out of it.

The phone is old though, it was released back in October 2007 - hence the cheap price for a high spec phone.

Texting on the phone can be done on a keypad type thing, or a QWERTY keyboard, where you hold the phone on the side - very nice to text on:)

Thanks a million Mr. S :)

This might be a silly question...but are all 3 of these the same phone...
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/rf/viewty/101__25

One was originally prices over €500. Is this one a newer version...? Or are they all the same?

So, a good investment then? Or are their newer alternatives?

Thanks! :)

Im asuming the 500€ price tag thats crossed out, was the price they originally started selling it for, but yeah - all thoes phones are the same as the one on the meteor site.

But if you buy from Pixmania, the phone will be Sim Free (unlocked), but if you buy with meteor, its locked to that network.

For the price meteor are selling it for, i'd say buy it - its a good overall phone, only thing it lacks (for me) is wifi.

If you have money to spend, the phone that replaced the viewty, is the LG Renoir :

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1875770/art/lg/renoir-kc910.html#tech-specs

But more expensive, but it has 8mp, wifi etc.

€545!!?? :eek:
    A bit out of my price-range unfortunetly :(

I just took a closer look at the meteor site...and the Viewty is out of stock. I wonder if they have stopped selling it, or are simply out of stock? Hmmmm.

Thanks Mr. S.

I was over in the other forum earlier...and also want to buy the new Cowon S9. Damn boards and all it's usefull info :) My poor poor credit card :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 glenda.27

I Know they have them in stock now. My bf just got one last week. Was wondering about where to get games/software for it. The mobile24 site that was mentioned on boards.ie before doesn't seem to have a touch screen games section. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Im asuming the 500€ price tag thats crossed out, was the price they originally started selling it for, but yeah - all thoes phones are the same as the one on the meteor site.

But if you buy from Pixmania, the phone will be Sim Free (unlocked), but if you buy with meteor, its locked to that network.

For the price meteor are selling it for, i'd say buy it - its a good overall phone, only thing it lacks (for me) is wifi.

If you have money to spend, the phone that replaced the viewty, is the LG Renoir :

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1875770/art/lg/renoir-kc910.html#tech-specs

But more expensive, but it has 8mp, wifi etc.

...I've spent half the day reading reviews of the Renoir.

.......I want one :D

I'm going to get either the Viewty or the Renoir.
    I'm not sure I can justify spending €400 or so on a phone though :(

Has anyone seen the Renoir available for a reasonable price?

Also, does anyone know if meteor are going to sell it, and if so, when?

Thanks a million! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

The only network the renoir is available on is 3

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote: »

Pants :(

Thanks Walkman.
    I'm sitting here looking at both the Renoir and the Viewty all day (sad, I know).
    I'm hoping to buy one of them tomorrow...but I still can't decide.

Obviously the price of the Viewty is pushing me towards that.
    I'm just wondering though, what are the major differences between the two, other than the better camera?
    I have no need for the GPS thingy, so the viewty not having that doesn't bother me.

God I can't decide.

Who said girls were indecisive...? :p

I don't tend to change my phones that often (my current one is 3 years old!) so I want to buy one that I love, as I'll be using it for the next year at least :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

friend of mine got it there today , and i was messing around , with it

ye the camera is fantastic
    the touch screen seems ok , nothing special , although my friend didn't get a memory with it (may not be the case for everybody)
    but the the price it's decent

i'm personally waiting for nokia 5800 XP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Walkman wrote: »
    but vodafone just started selling the Samsung Pixon... very similar to Renoir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I had one for a while hated it. Touch screen is useless and there's virtually no support available from LG software-wise. It's quite slow at times and any software I ever got running on it ran pretty slow as well. The camera isn't as good as I expected even with the flash and there's no cover for the lens which is pretty ridiculous not to mention the jog wheel which is placed over the lens so every time you use it you can't avoid smudging it. No WiFi either and for some reason I couldn't get the Opera browser to work on it - that may be just down to me but I tried everything to get it working.
    In the end I decided to get a seperate small compact camera and an iPhone for the rest which suits me fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Spektator

hi. i was wondering if someone could help, the lg viewty on the meteor website is the old 5 megapixel version, and anyone i know who has bought it from a meteor shop has got the 3.2 megapixel camera version.. do you know if they are still selling the better camera version through the shops? i dont want to risk getting it online to find out theyve sent me the 3.2 camera version... thanks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Spektator wrote: »
    hi. i was wondering if someone could help, the lg viewty on the meteor website is the old 5 megapixel version, and anyone i know who has bought it from a meteor shop has got the 3.2 megapixel camera version.. do you know if they are still selling the better camera version through the shops? i dont want to risk getting it online to find out theyve sent me the 3.2 camera version... thanks!!!

That would be the LG Cookie... €129 with Credit I think.

Advertisement