Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Docklands" WTF??

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 degaquethe

I've lived down around the corner from here on Castleforbes Road (Northbank Apts) for the past 4 years and I used to hear similar comments from various sources re:it being on Sheriff st. In the 4 years the only trouble I've ever seen is the odd time young lads get into the building when cars are coming out etc and get up onto the roof, throwing stuff down. However a constant security presence in the building has nipped that in the bud. The most intimidating thing from the point of view of living in an area is groups of teenagers hanging around. The area from Castleforbes road down to Canon Hall doesn't seem to have this problem, they don't hang around anywhere above the crossroads of Seville place and Sheriff St lower. With a lidl and an Aldi just down the road in East Wall, proximity to East Point business Park, Central Bank, JP Morgan coming in across the river, I can't see the value of those Canon Hall apartments dropping. I'd imagine if you wanted to rent out the spare room you'd knock a fair amount off your €1100 mortgage aswell.

I've done some delivery work out in West Dublin in areas like Harelawn Park in Clondalkin, Meile an Ri in Lucan, Cushlawn Park in Killinarden, Mac Uillaim estate in Jobstown and these are places you'd be genuinely afraid for your own safety at most times of the day. Canon Hall area is a far cry from any of these and I think the Sheriff street thing is more a legacy issue at this stage than any clear and present danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

_blank_ wrote: »
    If anyone actually pays 240k for a one bed apt they deserve to end up on Sheriff Street tbh.

Clowns.

really?

an apartment bang in the city center next to the highest concentration of skilled high earners in Ireland, which is served by multiple public transports options and which will always have rental potential is not what I'd consider a bad investment decision.

Not exactly an apartment out in West Dublin like...

e: I see that the OP was 2009. I bet whoever bought back then is happy enough right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

which luas extension were they referring to ? The city centre is still a building site. Anyone remember that FF transport 21 document ? Even back then I found it hilarious.

Due to the Luas? It isn't really, lot of it has cleared up recently. The thing is running in tests and will be operational by the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

lawred2 wrote: »
    really?

an apartment bang in the city center next to the highest concentration of skilled high earners in Ireland, which is served by multiple public transports options and which will always have rental potential is not what I'd consider a bad investment decision.

e: I see that the OP was 2009. I bet whoever bought back then is happy enough right now.

Skilled high earners would live elsewhere and still be close to work unless they only are time poor workaholics who only use the dogbox to sleep in .
    No way is a high earner going to live surrounded by junkies and traffic fumes when they can instead live on the coast in Clontarf, Sutton , Malahide village or just across the liffey on the south side . And all of it accessible via the Dart and train station

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

really?

Skilled high earners would live elsewhere and still be close to work unless they only are time poor workaholics who only use the dogbox to sleep in .
    No way is a high earner going to live surrounded by junkies and traffic fumes when they can instead live on the coast in Clontarf, Sutton , Malahide village or just across the liffey on the south side . And all of it accessible via the Dart and train station

Young unattached professionals of which there are many in this area are not wanting to live in Howth ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

Young unattached professionals of which there are many in this area are not wanting to live in Howth ffs

Fully agree with you.

Sutton and Howth are prime residential locations for large family homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

thats just stereotyping people.

Advertisement