Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is recommended?

Options
  • 06-02-2009 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

economics or applied maths plus opinions

Economics or Applied maths 9 votes

Economics
    0% 0 votes
    Applied Maths
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

depends if u are very good at higher level maths ?? if you are u should consider doing applied maths therefore you would have a better chance than doing economics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Economics. Its a short course, can be done in a year. Exam is v. predictable. Plus, its a class subject. Its really practical, it just makes sense! And you'll know what the economists are talking about on the news and be able to impress people:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waheyyy

Unless you're seriously motivated and intent on doing REALLY well, Applied Maths is a painful subject.

From what I hear, Economics is a really short course and seemingly easy. But the percentage of a1s in low afaik

Wasn't there just a thread about this? And, from you, I think?

Anyway, I think it's a terrible idea to leave your subject choices to the capricious whims of the members of an online forum.

My choice: Applied Maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i vote business for the get-600-in-LC prospect,but if you really really like maths and gonna have a good applied maths teacher,go for it then:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Anyway, I think it's a terrible idea to leave your subject choices to the capricious whims of the members of an online forum.

I suggest a six sided dice to aid the decision,
    Roll a 1, pick economics.
    Roll a 2,3,4,5 or 6 choose applied maths.

Its simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Applied Maths for Space-President, clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TYs0809

There is but I'm getting such mixed reviews I want to see which come's out more popular.

Don't worry my subject choice won't be based entirely on this forum
    just looking for opinions from people who have done the subjects and it is only an extra subject I have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Applied Maths.

Why? Iunojusdoih

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

I think it really depends on what other subjects you're doing. If you're doing HL Maths and Physics too, Applied Maths would probably be better for you. I did Applied Maths and even though I found it kind of hard and didn't actually count it for points in the end, I still think it was worth it because it helped me so much with Physics.

But, if the above doesn't apply, maybe consider Economics. Didn't do it myself but I've heard it's not too bad as an extra subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I have to agree , pick whatever one you want or just toss a coin that will solve the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

multiple threads on exact same topic??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I'm of no help seeing as I don't do either of these subjects.
    But I voted anyway, because I'm nice like that. And to fúck with your future or something.

Advertisement