Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red rage.

Options
  • 06-02-2009 12:15pm

What is the most embarrassing thing you have done in the name of menstrual meltdown? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

lol @ the title!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭AnnieB82

I remember around that time of the month at work some colleague was irritating the hell out of me. She was very rude on the phone and by the end of the conversation I was in tears. I thought well at least I'm in a small closed office so I can compose myself before anyone notices. But unfortantely she decided to come in to further clarify something and when she saw my tears she said something like ' oh im sorry, I didn't mean to upset you'. I was so humiliated as I was crying more out of anger/frustration rather than her rudeness. Of course I couldn't say anything so I had to mumble something about personal stress etc. I feel she always looked at me like a weak little flower ever since...I guess it's not that embarrssing but my usual antics of kicking and throwing things go more under the shame category rather than embarrassment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Day two of the red letter days are the worst. About a year ago I was trying to make a phone call in my old apartment and I kept getting an engaged tone, when I knew the other party was waiting for my call. I tried other numbers, still got the engaged tone. I waited a while, tried again. Still engaged.
    I was getting progressively more and more wound up, but still, knowing I had only twenty minutes to organise something important, I kept trying. Kept getting the engaged tone...annoyance turned to rage as the clock ticked and eventually it was one engaged tone too far, and I ripped the phone off the wall, threw it across the room, ran after it and kicked it up and down the hallway and living room of my apartment. Swearing and screaming at it.

It felt goooooood.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

im actaully quite ashamed of this but...i once called my boss a w*nker in front of a load of customers because he wouldnt take any calls and my head was wrecked with people moaning about same. eeeeek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Last year I was waiting to use the car (my brother's had broken down, so I was letting him use mine). I had an appointment to get to and the little shit was 45 minutes late getting the car back to me. I completely flipped out, screamin, crying, swearing, not helped by the fact that he was calling me a fucking bitch, etc. Finally I threw some clothes into a suitcase, got into the car and drove the four hours to my dad's house and stayed there for a good week. On the drive down, I realized my period was due soon.

I'm on birth control now that puts a stop to the psycho, thank god. I hate getting that upset over things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

My brother was playing one of his stupid emo CD's too loud one day when I was in bed dying with cramps.

It got to the point were I just snapped. I went up to his room, and flung his CD out the window, which is on the 4th floor. He never found it oddly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Nothing, because I'm not one of those girls that turns into a psycho and feels she can blame it on her hormones.

I don't really get angry anyway just sad and tearful :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Thankfully this hasn't happened as much over the last 7 years.
    But when it did, duck and cover tbh, but I would always try and give good clear warning
    and would try and recluse myself when I was that irratble and if needs be would go smash
    things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Painters are in...BJs all round...*virtual high five*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Partyguinness infracted.

Quit being an idiot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

JaneyMc wrote: »
    My brother was playing one of his stupid emo CD's too loud one day when I was in bed dying with cramps.

It got to the point were I just snapped. I went up to his room, and flung his CD out the window, which is on the 4th floor. He never found it oddly enough.

which led him to buy ten more emo cds just to get over it.

how could you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Any mad behaviour because of "Cramps" doesn't stand with me at all, if anyone came into my room and flung a cd or whatever out the windown they'd be out the window after it ! No excuse !

Damn wimmen.. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Piste wrote: »
    Nothing, because I'm not one of those girls that turns into a psycho and feels she can blame it on her hormones.

I don't think thats a fair statement, it IS hormones, its not like there are girls that go 'psycho' 365 days a year and go 'oh lol hormones'. And if there are, its not fair to tar us all with that, just because you don't get it.

I go a bit nasty around that time, I don't check it off on a calendar going 'Oh GOODY, another 6 days and I can act the bitch!'. Normally I'm actually checking going 'Oh god, this month I'm going to really, really try really hard to be okay....'

Its painful, its horrible, nobody wants to feel like that or upset people around them, it just happens. I'd give anything NOT to feel confused and angry and upset.

Fortunately, it does have a plus side, things get resolved a LOT faster in work one week out of every month, my boss is always super impressed and says 'Wow, that was great, you really told them!' but he hasn't worked out the pattern yet.

On the most embarrassing thing, I have real difficulty holding onto things during my time of the month, I get really shaky and wobbly and clumsy.
    I was in Superquinn and was buying some stuff, of course I didn't have a basket so I was trying to carry four or five things. After a failed juggling attempt, a jar of strawberry jam splatted all over the floor. Some poor young lad came running up with a mop and bucket while I stood there, in pain and shaky and wobbly and apologising profusely for being a nuisance when he said 'Ah sure its grand, looks like someone had their period on the floor wha?'
    Without further ado I burst into floods of tears like an eejit.
    I'll never forget the look on the poor lad's face as long as I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bluebluesky

Painters are in...BJs all round...*virtual high five*

Lol - Too funny!!!

Where is the humour gone...:)

Was anyone seriously offended..jules on a power trip..then again the title might be a clue;)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bluebluesky

Well I certainly was not in the least bit offended.

Q: Where is the humour gone? Has the recession taken that too!! Come on ppl if Tommy Tiernan said it in Vickers St ppl would be literally laughing out load - as opposed to a virtual LOL!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Nerin wrote: »
    which led him to buy ten more emo cds just to get over it.

how could you?!

Yeah I have to admit it has gotten worse. He listens to some okay music as well though so it's not too bad.

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Any mad behaviour because of "Cramps" doesn't stand with me at all, if anyone came into my room and flung a cd or whatever out the windown they'd be out the window after it ! No excuse !

Damn wimmen.. :pac:

I guess us silly wimmins will never learn *sigh*

Seriously, you try and sleep at any of the time of the day and have Steer Clear blaring through the ceiling and see how long it takes you to break, even with out extra hormones.

Actually, now that I remember, he did smash my CD off a wall when I was younger, I don't blame him, it was Busted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Piste wrote: »
    I don't really get angry anyway just sad and tearful :(

Just as annoying tbh.

Silverfish wrote: »
    Fortunately, it does have a plus side, things get resolved a LOT faster in work one week out of every month, my boss is always super impressed and says 'Wow, that was great, you really told them!' but he hasn't worked out the pattern yet.

:D

And I agree with the rest too. Everyones expierence is so individual.
    One of my friends pains are so bad, she has been known to pass out. :eek:

My sister is a bit of a WOMD when she has hers, and we generally have the same fight. She gets in car, slams door. I chastise. Flaming row devolps. She decides that she is going to walk the whole way to whereever. And after 20 minutes figures out what time of the month it is.

I don't get moody, but I do lose all my sense of spatial judgement.
    This one time, it took me at least 15 attempts and a flood of frustration tears to drive, not reverse into a parking space.
    The worst of it was my awful neighbour, you know the sneery type who never lets you live anything down. She was parked across the way, watching my every false move with much amusement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The 'clumsiness' tends be one of the warning signs before hand, which means there would be
    chipped and cracked dishes to throw later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Silverfish wrote: »
    I go a bit nasty around that time, I don't check it off on a calendar going 'Oh GOODY, another 6 days and I can act the bitch!'. Normally I'm actually checking going 'Oh god, this month I'm going to really, really try really hard to be okay....'

Its painful, its horrible, nobody wants to feel like that or upset people around them, it just happens. I'd give anything NOT to feel confused and angry and upset.

Agreed, although i wouldn't be anticipating it - i'll just feel v teary and exhausted and after struggling through a day or two will then check the calender.

In one job I was working in an office with all men. I was looking for a particular file, and couldn't find it anywhere. After about half an hour there was an important work phone call for me, and I was tracked down to the archive room by the snuffling "why isn't the file here?" 'waaaaa' little cry I was having in there. :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

partyguiness banned for the weekend for stirring and questioning mod action on thread.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

JaneyMc wrote: »
    I never got the whole cramps thing, originally I thought they were like sports cramps, but then one girl said that she fainted from them (Don't ask how this came up).
    Are they really that much worse then I've-been-running-too-much cramps?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I never got the whole cramps thing, originally I thought they were like sports cramps, but then one girl said that she fainted from them (Don't ask how this came up).
    Are they really that much worse then I've-been-running-too-much cramps?

I don't get them too badly, but it's like a drained exhausted feeling alongside the cramp. As if everything has just been drained/sucked out of you. Couple that with severe tummy pain and you have it
    I have come close to fainting from it though I gather I have it very light compared to many.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Dumped my first love...a few days later I knew why! In the end I dont regret it as we are better off as friends.

I find that my maths skills get really bad at that time, though funnily when I am ovulating I get hives...makes family planning easier!

Oh, at that time of the month I also cry easily...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The 'clumsiness' tends be one of the warning signs before hand, which means there would be
    chipped and cracked dishes to throw later on.

I turn into bambi for one week a month - i managed to fall up the stairs in work last month and i walk into things and drop stuff.

I don't do angry but i do do tears for absolutely no reason for example started crying in Dunnes when i couldn't find toothpaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Am not normally that bad but ong my tummy is cramping and ive had 2 kids!! What'll I do,, tried choc and hot water bottle and painkillers - theyre not working - feels like someone is staplying the inside of my tummy. There is strong liquor in the press??

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Where is the humour gone...:)

Was anyone seriously offended..jules on a power trip..then again the title might be a clue;)

Total cop out....don't blame hormones because your joke happened to be crap. Be a man and suck it up :p

Wibbs wrote: »
    partyguiness banned for the weekend for stirring and questioning mod action on thread.

:confused::confused:

I'm still here...haha:p

I have a life I wont be on here during the weekend anyway...this site is only to kill time at work...silly moderators...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Find it impossible to do the predictive text thing at that time of month, brain and thumb just don't function well together at that time. Sent a work mail from my phone to a colleague meant to say "he's coming from a dual position..."

I said "he's coming from a f*ck position"

He (manager) said "and which position would that be..." nearly died :(

Advertisement