Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red rage.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well enjoy your life away from here for a month then. You could have let it lie but no.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I have a life I wont be on here during the weekend anyway...this site is only to kill time at work...silly moderators...

At half eight in the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

The only time I can remember was one time, at an ex's house, I accidently stood up onto a press door and whacked my head on the underside edge of the door that he had just opened. After the shock and "are you ok etc etc etc" I burst into tears (well, sobs really :o) and started a tirade of

"YOU WANTED ME TO HIT MY HEAD, YOU WANTED THAT TO HAPPEN ETC ETC ETC"

Well, the look of shock of the poor boys face, he didnt have a clue. Esp when I didnt speak to him for a couple hours :o

I dont really have "red rage" anymore, more just little moods and tears sometimes. I do have "my-pill-is-turning-me-into-a-psychopath-moments" - but its calmed down lots now. Thank fook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Before this thread is used as ammo by the 'women are crazy, don't let them at the seat on the company board/guns/driving/surgical scalpel' brigade, i just want to throw something out there:

Yes, at certain times i feel more emotional than others, am more clumsy, and am more likely to cry. Yes, i do stuff that i cringe about afterwards. Yes, there are times when a hug/chocolate/ice cream makes things better. And, yes, there are times when i will burst into tears because of a telly ad involving puppies.

But....when i need to (work/personal life/whatever) i get past it. I might go home that evening and hug my teddy bear in my duvet, but at the time that it was important i focused, and did what needed to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Any mad behaviour because of "Cramps" doesn't stand with me at all, if anyone came into my room and flung a cd or whatever out the windown they'd be out the window after it ! No excuse !

Damn wimmen.. :pac:

Pffft you would NOT throw me out the window*, what a load of macho bullshit, typical you! :rolleyes:
    I don't really get that moody, just extra sensitive! Which can't be good, as I'm ordinarily more sensitive than the average woman. :p Sometimes any little thing will upset me! :(

*(mostly because you can't lift me, but yeah whatever, I so wear the pants......)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

TBH I wish I had red rage to blame. I'm clumsy, over emotional, over sensitive and anxious most of the time. :D I'm blaming testosterone. ;)

Seriously though, a lassie I was with waaaay back used to suffer really badly. Way beyond the usual stuff. I mean she went through hell. Pure hell for about 3 days just before her period came. I would sit with her in the dark and in my innocence did not know what to do, so I did bugger all. Looking back probably the best thing I could have done really. You could see the relief on her face when it passed. All tests showed she was "fine", but anyone could tell she was anything but. Antidepressants etc were fired at her, but as she said it was just those days. She found a really good doctor who went through hoops to help her as his wife suffered in a similar way and had been equally fobbed off. He tried all sorts of things. Diet, vitamins, relaxation exercises as well as medication. She tried different contraceptive pills along with that and one worked. Different woman. years later after we went our separate ways she got hitched and had a child and apparently that "reset" her and now she's fine.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Just as annoying tbh.

Yeah it is, which is why I don't take that out on other people either and if I'm feeling weepy I bottle it up. (unless I am in school, which is all girls, in which case there's always someone to sympathise with) It's not fair to make other people deal with your hormones! (unless it's said girls in said school!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Wibbs wrote: »
    TBH I wish I had red rage to blame. I'm clumsy, over emotional, over sensitive and anxious most of the time. :D I'm blaming testosterone. ;)

Seriously though, a lassie I was with waaaay back used to suffer really badly. Way beyond the usual stuff. I mean she went through hell. Pure hell for about 3 days just before her period came. I would sit with her in the dark and in my innocence did not know what to do, so I did bugger all. Looking back probably the best thing I could have done really. You could see the relief on her face when it passed. All tests showed she was "fine", but anyone could tell she was anything but. Antidepressants etc were fired at her, but as she said it was just those days. She found a really good doctor who went through hoops to help her as his wife suffered in a similar way and had been equally fobbed off. He tried all sorts of things. Diet, vitamins, relaxation exercises as well as medication. She tried different contraceptive pills along with that and one worked. Different woman. years later after we went our separate ways she got hitched and had a child and apparently that "reset" her and now she's fine.

that sounds like endrmetrosis which can just seem like bad extreme periods
    and it's something most drs hadn't a breeze about 15 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I once went out with a girl who was a total wagon most of the time. I went out with her purely because she was very hot.

But, during her period, she became the nicest person ever.

For 2 years of my life, I was the only guy I knew of who looked forward to period time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

tallaght01 wrote:
    I was the only guy I knew of who looked forward to period time!

not the only one! for us, it's "hooray, no babies" celebration time :D

urrrgh, i get quite depressed during my period (which was hell when i had depression 24/7), but i get really introspective, and waaay oversensitive, picking up on things i would have never picked up on or thought twice about the other 28 days of the month, but it usually goes something like me deciding something's wrong... boyfreind copping that im not happy, him asking me what's up, me being too inside myself to come up with an answer in words, him getting frustrated cos once again ive forgotten he can't read minds, me going for a walk, feeling all doomy and gloomy, then getting home and he's all cute and cuddly, and then i remember it's the start of the fecking month again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Now ladies, not to give out about your special time, but maybe this could be quite helpful to ye, and especially any significant other....It could save a man putting his foot in his mouth!!!

http://www.pmsbuddy.com/

ONE hundred thousand men sick of copping a monthly serve from cranky wives and girlfriends have signed up for an online reminder service that warns when pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) is about to hit.

PMSBuddy.com, the brainchild of a 28-year-old bloke whose mates were too often in cycle-related strife, is designed for men who have a darling of a partner for three weeks of the month – and a demon for the rest.

The reminders include pithy messages of encouragement such as “She’s on yellow - tread carefully, fella” - as well as tips for how men can mitigate the damage.

It tells men never to ask if a woman has PMS, and if all else fails to buy flowers, deemed to be "kryptonite to PMS."

Championing itself on the catchcry, "saving relationships one month at a time," the website also features a "national alert level" indicator for the US, showing how many women have PMS each day as well as the "overall threat index" on a scale of 1-4.

CEO and founder Jordan Eisenberg developed PMSbuddy.com after friends talked about the world-class diplomacy men needed to bring up the topic of PMS with their partners.

"It's hard for guys to know if they did something to piss of their lady and hard to remember when PMS is, and always awkward to confront and ask the question without coming off like a jerk,” he told news.com.au.

“One of the guys actually kept track in his daily planner, and from there we decided to automate this process and offer it to the masses."

He admits that while functionality is first and foremost, some women may find the idea of their cycles being "tracked" a tad offensive.

"Certainly some do," says Eisenberg, "but the majority do feel it is helpful, and the remainder at least get a kick and a laugh out of it.

“Those in relationships have been overwhelmingly supportive and many have actually signed themselves up to warn their boyfriends (or) husbands. If anything, we feel we can minimise unnecessary fights by allowing men to offer some slack."

PMSBuddy started nine months ago and is now tracking the menstrual cycles of more than 100,000 women worldwide, including 4000 in Australia and 1000 in New Zealand via the site and a Facebook application.

Users enter the date and length of a woman's last cycle. Women can sign up to send reminders to up to five men in their life.

Anything from one to five days notice can be specified, allowing for warnings of various degrees of danger in the form of yellow, green and red alerts.

Eisenberg has received hundreds of emails of praise from both men and women, he said.

And if the online forums are anything to go by, it has certainly stirred some controversy.

Both women and men have written in with stories of PMS experiences, including one male who describes the once monthly bus that shows up to take his wife “to crazy town,” and another who suggests all males should "just go and play golf" for a week.

But women have also used the forum to have their say, such as this advice from PMS sufferer, Chloe:

"Seriously guys, GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD!," writes Stephanie. "We don't act like bitches because of pain. Thats saying we're weak and can't take pain. Also, if you don't get cramps, SHUT UP! You have no idea what thats like. We don't use PMS as an excuse, its a reason. During PMS, our hormones are messed up and mess up our emotions. Not our fault. And guys--Don't you DARE insult us, because what you don't realize is that we actually have PMS because of our sacrifice to you. We're the ones who have to carry a baby, and because of it, 1/4 of about 35 years of our life, we go through pain and suffering. Understand it. Live by it. Shut up."

Stephanie also tries to offer some advice to alienated boyfriends:

"The absolute last thing you should do when I'm PMSing is ask if I'm PMSing. I don't care how you ask it, or say it, but do not imply that my feelings at that point at that time are irrational- even if they are. Seriously, I've had boyfriends in the past who did this and they had the wrath of god unleashed upon them," she writes.

Eisenberg says the site's fan base is growing rapidly and has plans to launch an iPhone application in the immediate future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I cry at eastenders. I cry at corrie. I cry at the news. I become a bit emotional and can be a bit mad. My boss was asking me all day what was wrong one month. I was like nothing i'm tired. Eventually I just roared across the office "women stuff". He hasn't asked me since.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

cuckoo wrote: »
    Before this thread is used as ammo by the 'women are crazy, don't let them at the seat on the company board/guns/driving/surgical scalpel' brigade, i just want to throw something out there:

Yes, at certain times i feel more emotional than others, am more clumsy, and am more likely to cry. Yes, i do stuff that i cringe about afterwards. Yes, there are times when a hug/chocolate/ice cream makes things better. And, yes, there are times when i will burst into tears because of a telly ad involving puppies.

But....when i need to (work/personal life/whatever) i get past it. I might go home that evening and hug my teddy bear in my duvet, but at the time that it was important i focused, and did what needed to be done.

+1.
    I think PMS is used as an excuse by a lot of men when they act irrationally. So instead of taking responsibility for their actions, they can trot out the old reliable 'Oh, she's premenstrual.....that's why she doesn't find it funny that I don't help around the house'. That's right, because not helping around the house is frikkin' hilarious. Great material for a stand-up :pac:
    I'm lucky in that my mood isn't affected by the time of the month. However I'm unlucky in that it's affected by idiots.

Edit : "It tells men never to ask if a woman has PMS, and if all else fails to buy flowers, deemed to be "kryptonite to PMS."
    Flowers kryptonite to PMS......now that's funny : )

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I tend to cry at all sorts of stupid things, and get very, very impatient. Apart from that - I've never really done anything specifically stupid at that time of the month.

Pms buddy is bases on women having a regular cycle or a cycle that is a certain length and is a heap of shíte imho.

Blokes get the monthlys as well esp those living with a female partner and then there is that gaint rock in space with it's gravitational pull yoinking the seas around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I find lately the cramps are easing off (day 2 used to be an absolute killer!) but what I have noticed is that I can feel it more when I'm ovulating. I get really tired, a bit crampy and my chest is like rock for the week and a hlaf/2 weeks coming up to my period! My sister reckons that my body is trying to make me more aware of the fact that baby making could happen at that time.

Most embarassing had to be visiting a friend when I was about 15. My periods used to be really, really heavy. Anyway, we were in her sitting room and decided we'd take a walk to the shops...stood up and there was a big bloody mess on her cream coloured sofa. I just burst into tears I was so mortified! She was very cool about it, as was her mam. We laugh about it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

/put on mod hat...

This thread was started by a woman asking what things other women do when they feel hormonal/emotional.. whatever you want to call it during their period. Not started so people can have a bitching session saying that its an excuse or women over reacting or whatever.

The next person, male or female, who makes a smart comment about "red rage" as the op put it will infracted and banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Piste wrote: »
    I don't really get angry anyway just sad and tearful :(

I do that too! Well i used to. The last pill I was on had me with cramps for a week before my period started, crippled with cramps for the duration of the actual period which extended to about 8 days and then crying like a baby at just about anything. Poor boyfriend didn't know what to do. New pill is magic though, very few cramps and no weeping!

<3 modern medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

He he he, i love the title of this thread, will be using this in the future. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Ive experenced a phisical attack from "red Rage" wasnt very nice part of me was going now all it would take is one punch to the face to stop this the other part of me was no just well dont do somthing like that calm your slef in the end thankfully my flatmates draged her of me but it wasnt very nice... she wolloped me across the face and scratch me bit me kicked and punched... all i said was dont even think about cooking at this hour of the morning i had to sleep in the lounge...which was in the kitchen....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm usually grumpy and irrational 24/7. I don't limit myself to any particular time of the month.

If someone was to attempt to pacify me with flowers, regardless of the day or hour, they'd end up wearing them. If you have an issue with me, talk to me about it, don't just throw "stuff" at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Blokes get the monthlys as well esp those living with a female partner.

This is true, and any bad moods/depressions are usually related to having to put up with a hysterical and irrational f*cktard for 3 days of the month.

I don't like society's acceptance-of/carte blanche-for said monthly behaviour in the slightest, regardless of the existance of biological/physiological reasons or not. Bottom line: Keep a lid on your moods.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Happily I don't suffer from mood swings or much physical pain when it's that time of the month so I've no good stories of happenings that I can blame on red rage.

Something like Blush said; if I'm cranky or irrational, it can happen at any time and I cannot blame it on hormones.

consultech wrote: »
    This is true, and any bad moods/depressions are usually related to having to put up with a hysterical and irrational f*cktard for 3 days of the month.

I don't like society's acceptance-of/carte blanche-for said monthly behaviour in the slightest, regardless of the existance of biological/physiological reasons or not. Bottom line: Keep a lid on you moods.

Yeah cos it's that easy...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Consultech - in future please make sure you read a thread before jumping in to comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bluebluesky

zzzzzzzzzzzzz I wish this thread was closed....

Jules wrote: »
    Consultech - in future please make sure you read a thread before jumping in to comment.

I read the thread. The "breach of the peace" infraction you've issued me with is fairly unwarranted when juxtaposed with what went before; specifically celebrating "BJ's for everyone" or whatever it was. Nor did I goad any moderators for Oestro-modding either, as said poster did.

My post was simply opinion, obviously detrimentally subject to your prerogative as mod, be that agenda-driven or nay.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Not so good on the 'practice what you preach' there, consultech.

So what's the cause of your hissy fit here?

That pms is not real and an 'excuse' apprently.

I think every woman who has suffered from any of the symptoms of pms
    from the crying, moods, irritability, feeling cold, tired, sore, clumsy wishes it wasn't
    real but it is a reality for a lot of women and one we do our best to minimse it's
    impact on us but sometimes pms just happens.

• Advertisement

Silverfish wrote: »
    Not so good on the 'practice what you preach' there, consultech.

So what's the cause of your hissy fit here?

I thought the double-jeopardy irony of my post was obvious enough not to miss...

...and to answer your question: I wasn't loved enough as a child! Well, not for 1 week out of every month anyway!

Advertisement