Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red rage.

Options
13»

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Is buachaill mé.

I think the most embarrassing thing I've done in the name of menstrual breakdown is when I was with an ex and she told me why we couldn't 'do anything'.

My response was one of those nervous Fr Dougal moments when I asked her if I could get her some tampons or panadol or something.

Another time, same ex, she was really angry with me for slagging off a TV show she liked and I tried to say something along the lines of, 'Jeez, I didn't realise that was going to be a red-rag-to-a-bull-type thing', which, of course, I completely fudged so that all that really came out was 'red rag', and 'bull'. Let's just say that was the last of my smart alecking for the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Is buachaill mé.

I think the most embarrassing thing I've done in the name of menstrual breakdown is when I was with an ex and she told me why we couldn't 'do anything'.

My response was one of those nervous Fr Dougal moments when I asked her if I could get her some tampons or panadol or something.

[FrDougal] Um... er... ah... How's your bra?! [/FrDougal]

:pac::D:P

I don't think I've ever done anything embarrassing... I'm just generally quite moody and tend to have to do a lot of apologising once the delightful event itself arrives and I realise why I've been taking the head off people for the past few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

consultech wrote: »
    I read the thread. The "breach of the peace" infraction you've issued me with is fairly unwarranted when juxtaposed with what went before; specifically celebrating "BJ's for everyone" or whatever it was. Nor did I goad any moderators for Oestro-modding either, as said poster did.

My post was simply opinion, obviously detrimentally subject to your prerogative as mod, be that agenda-driven or nay.

I ment read the thread, paying attention to my warning. You could not let it go. So you can take a time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Silverfish wrote: »
    On the most embarrassing thing, I have real difficulty holding onto things during my time of the month, I get really shaky and wobbly and clumsy.
    I was in Superquinn and was buying some stuff, of course I didn't have a basket so I was trying to carry four or five things. After a failed juggling attempt, a jar of strawberry jam splatted all over the floor. Some poor young lad came running up with a mop and bucket while I stood there, in pain and shaky and wobbly and apologising profusely for being a nuisance when he said 'Ah sure its grand, looks like someone had their period on the floor wha?'
    Without further ado I burst into floods of tears like an eejit.
    I'll never forget the look on the poor lad's face as long as I live.

Oh no, that's awful!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I cried when Marge wouldn't go to the Prom with Homer.

I also put this down to the leaving cert.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Back ground noise when Im on the phone is really annoying to me. Its a bug bear of mine and I hate taking calls when Im walking along the street as either I cant hear or they cant or I end up having to shout "Ill call you when I get home!" trying to top the traffic noise so half the street can hear me.

Anyway, I get a bus home every evening and the same woman is on the bus everysingle evening. She talks non stop to her mother about every aspect of her day and say "Maa meh" as Mammy (I dont know why this annoys me but it does)

So - for one whole hour, every single day she yaks andyaks and it slowly is driving me crazy. I see one or two other people on the bus groan when they see her in the evening. Its like a club of misery. As time goes on, I stop getting the bus if I see her on it and just wait the extra 20 odd mins for the next one so that my head isint tortured on the way home. But if its raining then of course we all get on.

Anyway, last week, I decided not to get it and walked instead as the paths had been really icy out my way for a few days and I had been cooped up in the evenings. I walked down my usual street and what do I see but the bus swings around the corner and another woman who gets the bus home is giving out yards to your woman - and it looked painful. She was tearing through her for shortcuts and really having a go at her.

I dont think I would ever do that, but in a really mean way, Im happy the other woman went postal at her. Now maybe she'll shutup and give us a bit of peace on the way home. Save her call for her Maameh for when she gets home.

So not so much me red raging as a complete stranger. Although I did shout at my brother for routing in the freezer and shaking a bag of peas down the phone cos he knows it drives me mad. :o Nothing like Redrum phone lady though.

Advertisement