Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Chess Competition

• 06-02-2009 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I work for a new bar down on the docklands behind the O2 called The Green Room Bar, its a piano bar at night but we do coffee, soups and sandwiches during the day.

I am hoping to hold Chess and draughts games here at the weekends, friendlies and league.

My boss loves draughts and has played all his life so I'm interested in seeing if anyone would be interested in coming down to compete for a decent prize?

The bar is very nice, comfy and queit, no in your face music. I think its a nice setting that could take off, any input?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Sounds like a good idea, I'd be interested depending on the time etc.
    Please keep this thread updated with developments :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Thanks for your interest, please tell your friends, I think this is a great idea for Sat/Suns in the pub ( also, it is a bar, but it is very very nice and comfy and ideal for a wee tournament).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

sounds like a good idea, it's not convenient for me but I might come some time when the weather is better.

Also you could look through some of the other threads in this forum, one poster is doing something similar in a pub at the back of Croke Park and someone else was trying to organise a boards blitz competition, maybe you could give them a venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Round Tower, thanks for that, Im going to go through the threads now.

Excellent stuff, thanks.

Advertisement