Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is Screed normally represented on Detail Drawings?

• 06-02-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭

In a detail drawing, how is screed normally represented. A book of detail drawings I have shows it as a tight cross hatch, which is what I've used in the past, but I've since learned, that the book sometimes uses different representations to typical practice.

Also, does anyone have a link to somewhere showing all the different types of hatching normally used for different materials?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

The material hatch doesnt really matter as long as it is labeled. Different people use different hatches for different things. I would only use Batt hatch for mineral fibre insulation and cross hatch rigid insulation while others use it for all insulation.

Screed would just be dotted to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Slig wrote: »
    Screed would just be dotted to me.
    Same as that. Concrete with dots and triangles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

For Screeds and plaster/ renders I use the sand (dots)hatch. For structural concrete i use the conc (triangles with dots) hatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

topcatcbr wrote: »
    For Screeds and plaster/ renders I use the sand (dots)hatch. For structural concrete i use the conc (triangles with dots) hatch.

Ditto.

I have seen some alternative hatches used on engineering drawings over the years but on any architectural ones its always been the sand and/or concrete hatch patterns used.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

topcatcbr wrote: »

Ditto +2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭pseudo-tech

For screeds and plaster i use the sand option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Cheers everyone, I've gone with the sand hatch.

Advertisement