Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooring - solid oak

Options
  • 06-02-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Has anybody got good deals recently? Need to purchase a good bit in the near future..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi Disland
    Brooks nationwide have a good sale at present Oak Solid flooring 125 x 18mm @ €29.50 Sq yd approx i think its called classic oak ? Have a look

Heatherview

• Registered Users Posts: 48 lollipop08

Hi Disland
    moving to a new house soon myself after alot of searching
    we found 'Irwin Tiles & Hardwood Flooring', Lakeview, Castleblaney, Co. Monaghan - Tel: 042 9740278

Bought roughly 70 sq. yards of 'Antique Brown Smoked Oak with oil finish'. It's a wide plank at 20mm wide and is an engineered floor.

Saw it laid in a friends apartment and knew i had to have it too!

Worked out at approx €3,500, with all the extras for laying.

It is a glued floor (not floating). everyone has recommended this as the best option. There is v. little diff in price.

For glueing, the plank is a bit thinner than used for floating. However there is a good natural oak thickness on the top layer, the rest is plywood. The guy in Irwins told me that it could be sanded 5 times in it's lifeltime, no bother. So it should last forever!!

I recommend you drive up (perhaps on the way to Ikea?) and check out the showroom. hope this helps in your search anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

disland wrote: »
    Has anybody got good deals recently? Need to purchase a good bit in the near future..

If you're in the west of Ireland, You could try Walsh Timber Floors in Kiltimagh. Suppliers to the trade as well so should get a good price if you're getting a fair bit.

Advertisement