Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarkson Strikes Again

• 06-02-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/feb/06/jeremy-clarkson-gordon-brown

Scottish politicians today called for the Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson to be taken off the air until he apologised for calling Gordon Brown a "one-eyed Scottish idiot".

MPs and peers from all parties reacted angrily to the reports of Clarkson's remarks, made at a press conference in Sydney, Australia.

The BBC presenter also accused the prime minster of lying.

Lord Foulkes, a former Labour Scottish minister, said he was "outraged" at Clarkson's comments.

"If the BBC banned Jonathan Ross for what he said and they have taken Carol Thatcher off air for something she said in private, then something should be done about Clarkson," he said.

"He has insulted Gordon Brown three times over: accusing him of being a liar, having a go at him for having a physical handicap, and for his nationality.

"It is an absolute outrage of the worst kind. Disabled people will be up in arms about it, Scottish people will be angry – and it should concern all of us that the prime minister has been accused of lying."

Jebus, the UK economy is in meltdown and this is all the "porridge pushers" can get excited about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jarrath

Don't see what all the fuss is about.. He does only have one eye and comes across as an idiot..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Damn, was coming here to post this!

Loved the comment though, typical Clarkson :D

As for being taken off the air... all I can do is laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Not enough sh%t going in the country to worry about so they try deflect the heat onto someone else, what a load of idiots.

Good on ol' Jezza I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,051 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

News At 10, Jeremy Clarkson offended someone...:eek::eek::eek:

Wonders will never cease.

Seriousl, people really need to get over themselves.

He's right on the money aswell...

There is a MIGHTY difference between Sachsgate and this.

How long do ye think till Dail Fail gets in on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Taken off the air? LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I didnt know he only had one eye. I just thought he was odd looking. Strangely enough I only found out yesterday that columbo(peter falk) has only one eye aswell. Thought he was only trying badly to look cool.

He actually refused to apologise for the "idiot" part of it.

Best apology EVER!!!:D:D:D

Good on ya Jezza!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Johnathon Ross /Russel brand / Carol Thatcher / and now Clarkson ( yawn)

mediocrity rules the airwaves these days :(

Johnny rotten and the punks, 25 odd years ago did it so much better ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jul/24/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-gordon-brown
    Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson is facing new controversy after making more offensive comments about the prime minister, Gordon Brown, two weeks running in front of the hit BBC2 show's studio audience, MediaGuardian.co.uk can reveal.

Clarkson, who previously had to apologise to the prime minister in February after calling him "a one-eyed Scottish idiot", is understood to have described Brown as a "****" in not-for-broadcast comments to the studio audience during the recording of this week's Top Gear programme on Wednesday night.

At the filming of the previous week's Top Gear, on Wednesday 15 July, Clarkson also called Brown a "****" as part of a joke he made in front of the studio audience, one person present told MediaGuardian.co.uk. This remark was not included in the transmitted version of the show on Sunday, 19 July.

The BBC2 controller, Janice Hadlow, was present at the second recording this Wednesday and is said to have confronted Clarkson about the remark.

A BBC spokeswoman confirmed that the pair had a "conversation", but said the issue was now over. "There was a discussion about the programme," she said. "It is certainly not an ongoing issue."

It is understood that Hadlow did not ask Clarkson to apologise for the incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It wasn't broadcast, what exactly is the big deal?

phasers wrote: »
    It wasn't broadcast, what exactly is the big deal?

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

The world is full of over-sensitive MORONS!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Stupid hippies, going to his family home is not on
    "We targeted Clarkson because of his blasé attitude towards climate change, as illustrated byhis recent drive to the Arctic," she added .

Recent? That was ages ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

mike65 wrote: »

Bad way of going about trying to get people on your side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Eugh, bloody eco-mentalists. Clarkson is allowed his view, they are allowed theirs but his family home is out of bounds.

I see on that site that they are giving out about his drive to the North Pole, do they not realise how cool that was?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Its very generous of them. Clarkson will have some lovely roses next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If I were him I'd find the most expensive company he can to clean up the manure and sue those scumbags for costs.

Maybe next year they will dig little holes around the garden where his weeds used to be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

amacachi wrote: »
    If I were him I'd find the most expensive company he can to clean up the manure and sue those scumbags for costs.

He should and they should be charged by the police. Hippies aren't always too far from damaging peoples private property.

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    He should and they should be charged by the police. Hippies aren't always too far from damaging peoples private property.

I'd be going to the cops meself, he should also call the Environment agency etc. to try and pursue some fines for them that way.
    Some people will just find it funny I'm sure, but as far as I'm concerned it's intimidation. Imagine if it was done to someone in government or a gay rights campaigner, it'd cause uproar.
    I don't think hippies recognise "private" property anyway, many reckon that land isn't something that should be owned. Feckin idiots.

Hopefully the cops get to them when they've just bought a fresh supply, get the ****in wasters on that charge as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Clarkson should just drive to the pole again now, as it seems to bother these toe-rags. Only this time do it in some 8 litre monster truck which runs on dried hippies and carbon dioxide in a ration of 10:1. The emissions from this beast would be carbon trioxide and hippy poo. That'll teach these fools to be throwing stuff at old man Clarksons place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think his next challenge on TG should be to race Hammond and May to see what would win,producing manure and processing it (Hammond and May) or Clarkson showing up and taking a dumo at all the womens front door, id watch it!!

Update! Ofcom upholds complaint about suicide in VW ad spoof.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/nov/09/top-gear-criticised-spoof-car-ad

^That was 4 months ago!!!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Shame he aplologised, it's not like anything he said was wrong.

Whoops, I thought the news section and burkas might get some feedback
    Comments made by Jeremy Clarkson on Sunday night's edition of Top Gear about Muslim women have sparked complaints from viewers.

The 50-year-old told co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May that he was distracted by women in burkas when driving because he knows what they wear underneath, reports the Daily Star.

Clarkson claimed that he had once witnessed a woman in a burka fall "head over heels" in front of his taxi and saw her "red G-string and stockings".

Hammon claimed the incident "did not happen" but Clarkson insisted that it had.

"I promise you, it did happen. The taxi driver will back me up," he said.

A Mediawatch spokesperson later criticised the comments.

"He should learn to keep quiet - every time he opens his mouth he upsets someone," they said.

Controversial Muslim preacher Omar Bakri Muhammad reportedly told the paper: "This shows how much hatred he has for Muslims in general, and Muslim women in particular.

"If he speaks about the honour of Muslim women, it requires Muslim people to respond."

He added: "And if he doesn’t apologise he could face Muslim youth attacking him physically."

Meanwhile another viewer complained that Clarkson had gone "too far this time" with his "offensive and disrespectful" joke.

The BBC confirmed that it had received seven complaints.

:rolleyes:

7? Out of 6.4 million?

My god, that's over 1/100,000%!!

Get this bigotted crap off the air!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Controversial Muslim preacher Omar Bakri Muhammad reportedly told the paper: "This shows how much hatred he has for Muslims in general, and Muslim women in particular.

I have to say, this kind of cr@p really annoys me. I would class this as a racist comment, even though we all know only white men can be racists :mad::rolleyes:

Advertisement