Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robin

• 06-02-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

Caught this little fella at Abbeyshrule Airfield before Christmas. He was perplexed by the light aircraft flying about!!

robin2.jpg

robin3.jpg

robin4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Tasty :)

Edit:

You didn't have to glue his feet to the post did you ?

I've tried some wildlife / birds photography and for the most part they just don't come out right for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Nah...no glue....nails. I've edited them out ;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

# 2 is particularly nice, colours are brilliant (literally:)) and the focus is spot on, lovely shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

What a poser! Did he bring his own artisan designed moss-covered stump with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

I had one following me in the zoo last weekend
    aren't they nice?

20090201192725_dsb_0676%20800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Great photos.

Robin are such posers though. They love the camera. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Great shots! I love the reflections in the eyes, well done (both of you hihi)

(*starts looking for nails, glue and ... oh ... a robin*)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Looking at these on my i-phone having a pint and think these are excellent, my campanion though has commented on the fact that Robins do not have that blue tinge, she would like to see the originals.
    :)

Robins do not have that blue tinge

Do ye not know how cold it is out there!:D

It's old and had a blue rinse :D

I'll have a look for the originals :)

• Advertisement

She just showed me a pic of a Robin from her Birdie site and I couldn't really tell the difference between the grey and the blue.
    And as a footnote if you see any birds very fluffed out she says that can mean that they're unwell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

I love all the robin shots, very well captured even though he was nailed!!!, good colour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭positron

Nforce, that second shot is the business!! The sharpness, the colors and the creamy green dof background! Stunning!!

Much appreciated guys/gals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 smurphette13

I love these robin shots, such pretty birds! Thanks for posting :)

Home now and yes they're still very good.
    #2 wins for me.

Home now and yes they're still very good.
    #2 wins for me.

Sounds like you need to calibrate yer phone, or in other words, get yer i's tested:D

I still stand by original comment, especially after seeing Quilmore's Robin!
    I did say though that I wouldnt've noticed the diff in the colourings without my campanion's input, :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

great pictures, nasty little birds though:
    wikipedia wrote:
    Male Robins are noted for their highly aggressive territorial behaviour. They will ruthlessly attack other males that stray into their territories, and have been observed attacking other small birds without apparent provocation. Such attacks sometimes lead to fatalities, accounting for up to 10% of adult Robin deaths in some areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Animalrights>
    Do they fluff out to lower the the body temperature or just don't feel like preening when they're sick ?

BTW, Anyone else notice how similar the robins are in quilmores and nforces shots such as the patterning of the redbreast,leading wing feathers etc. There seems little about the birds to visually discriminate. It'ld be hard to pick one out of a lineup for GBH ;).

Niall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

njburke wrote: »
    Animalrights>
    Do they fluff out to lower the the body temperature or just don't feel like preening when they're sick ?

BTW, Anyone else notice how similar the robins are in quilmores and nforces shots such as the patterning of the redbreast,leading wing feathers etc. There seems little about the birds to visually discriminate. It'ld be hard to pick one out of a lineup for GBH ;).

Niall

Lads I've lots of close-ups of birds if your stuck - robins finches tits sparrows starlings and a camera shy yellow-hammer too oh and if i can find it on the old pc - a hen harrier from great salttee aswell

njburke wrote: »
    Animalrights>

/edit
    " it would be to raise the temps...or protect from cold, if they're not sick. "

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

sNarah wrote: »
    (*starts looking for nails, glue and ... oh ... a robin*)

Runs away. :eek:

Advertisement