Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Specials for Shooters (Sunday 8th of Feb) (And NSFW!)

Options
  • 06-02-2009 1:09pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

They were doing active hearing protection yesterday but I forgot to post it.

On Sunday they have:
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2867_8227.htm?WT.mc_id=2009-02-06-11-15

Product_detail_Wk0709S10.jpg

Adventuridge Spotting Scope - €35.99

20-60× magnification
    Lens diameter: 60mm
    Lens cap
    Tripod
    Carrying case
    Cleaning cloths
    Rubber coated – ideal for outdoor use
    Includes mini tripod and carrying case

And in case you need to smooth things over with Mr's Shooter because your speninding all your time out shooting:
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2867_8232.htm

Product_detail_Wk0709S2.jpg

Skin to Skin
    Ladies’ Valentine Gift Set -€7.99

A gorgeous camisole and shorts set, the perfect gift for her.

95% cotton, 5% elastane
    Available in: Black/Pink Hearts and Brown/Pink Hearts
    Sizes: 8-18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I dont think mrs traumadoc would be happy if I brought her home.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

Its worth a shot Traumadoc, try it and let us know how u get on!!!:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

What ever mod thinks that is NSFW needs a new job!!

Yes she would just about be suitable for work, but not home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

ha ha I agree NSFW?! C'mon folks take a slightly less conservative chill pill.

Are those electronic hearing defenders any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yeah guys, that is NSFW. At least in every single office I've ever worked in.

mmm..... explains a lot:D

It's hardly all that odd Trauma - if you work in an office with both genders around, looking at pictures like that is generally a fast way to get a trip to HR. I mean, Rovi's pic there seems harmless enough to me, but HR... well, they figure it's this today and two girls one cup tomorrow.

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Are those electronic hearing defenders any good?

Tried them today and wasn't convinced. They sounded much more false them my active peltors. For the price their grand. Forgot to look for any standards marked on them to see how safe they are.

I was in one of the Aldi shops today (got a bargin on new door handles for the whole house!) and there were no spotting scopes to be seen. they look the same as the ones that were there last year. Have one of those and its great for the money.

Sparks wrote: »
    It's hardly all that odd Trauma - if you work in an office with both genders around, looking at pictures like that is generally a fast way to get a trip to HR. I mean, Rovi's pic there seems harmless enough to me, but HR... well, they figure it's this today and two girls one cup tomorrow.

Looking at boards on work time is a fast trip to HR but that pic is very very tame. You would see worse in any paper when Dunes run clothes adds.

• Advertisement

I see worse anytime I walk down Grafton St. Rew. I didn't say it made sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Rew wrote: »
    Looking at boards on work time is a fast trip to HR but that pic is very very tame. You would see worse in any paper when Dunes run clothes adds.

Slightly off topic, however, an opinion and a couple of questions.

I agree with you there. Why have a NSFW tag when one is not supposed to be browsing the internet during work time in the first place?

As for the very tasteful image you posted (and made me laugh) what is the difference with someone copping it over your shoulder on a monitor or you having a hard copy of the promotional flyer with the page open, whilst at work during your well earned lunch break?

And finally, why dosen't the hunting (Pics) forum have a NSFW tag?

Back on topic.

Did anyone buy the lingerie spotter scope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, however, an opinion and a couple of questions.

I agree with you there. Why have a NSFW tag when one is not supposed to be browsing the internet during work time in the first place?

As for the very tasteful image you posted (and made me laugh) what is the difference with someone copping it over your shoulder on a monitor or you having a hard copy of the promotional flyer with the page open, whilst at work during your well earned lunch break?

And finally, why dosen't the hunting (Pics) forum have a NSFW tag?

Back on topic.

Did anyone buy the spotter scope?

i bought one last year and there ok.
    i leave it in the jeep all the time .
    i have glassed deer on the hill with it and used it for targets .saves a lot of walking .
    for the price buy it .

Sparks wrote: »

I think rightly or wrongly HR would see looking at a shooting discussion board far worse than a picture from an Aldi catalog.

This is all NSFW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Picked up one of the spotting scopes today. First Aldi were sold out. Got it in the second one I went to. Can't go wrong for 35Euro. Fairly robust, Carrying case. Good zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

hi all
    i got one of those spotting scopes too,
    brought it out for a zeroing session and couldnt get a clear picture at 100yrds .imo they're rubbish
    brought it back and got my money back,,
    should have known ,when it comes to glass you get what you pay for...

ian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

ianoo wrote: »
    hi all
    i got one of those spotting scopes too,
    brought it out for a zeroing session and couldnt get a clear picture at 100yrds .imo they're rubbish
    brought it back and got my money back,,
    should have known ,when it comes to glass you get what you pay for...

ian

You were unlucky....must have got a dodgy one..........I bought one last year and it's very clear at 100 yards ....couldn't fault it for the price.........it does what I bought it to do.

Advertisement