Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Side effects from antidepressants

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Another question on this for anyone out there taking anti Ds...

I'm taking Lexapro, and have been for 4 weeks, a low dose 5mg, and it's helping me a lot for anxiety and depression, but I have bad dry mouth. I know that this is common with SSRI antiDs, but I was wondering, if you get one side effect with one SSRI, then is it likely you will get the same with the others?

In other words, is it worth my while changing the medication to try and avoid the dry mouth, or is it likely I will simply have the same experience with Prozac, Cipramil, etc.? Thanks in advance..

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

I have been on Cymbalta for the last 3-4 years but I'm being changed to Prozac as the Cymbalta wasn't working as well as it used to. So I've been taking lower doses since Thursday and my stomach has been upset since, and yesterday and today I have been really dizzy (which I used to get if I forgot to take my meds before).
    I'm due to start the Prozac Wednesday. Kinda nervous about it.
    Also, it's my birthday this weekend and I really don't want to feel like this for it.

Has anyone made this transition before? How did you get on?

Advertisement