Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on bad debt

• 06-02-2009 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I'm a one man show consultant. I foolishly (perhaps) allowed one of my larger clients to rack up a 20k debt. They are now asking for a 50% discount.

So if I give them 10grand... will they then keep treating me like this?

Will I become p!ssy with them in the long run?

Should I get out now?

If I don't... will they go under?

Will I get any money back?

Advice please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Why not arange some easy payments options with them, €2,500 now and €1,000 a week for the next weeks, until the account is cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dandelion

Are they asking you to reduce by half the amount they owe you?

Say yes, get the 10k and never do business with them again. don't issue a credit for the 10k until you have the cheque cashed.

If you're not using a contract, you should start.

Stop extending credit, big customers put suppliers out of business every day.....at least thats what I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

what about a debt purchaser?

Advertisement