Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 v Vodafone , price plans , Business

• 06-02-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Have been with Vodafone for Donkeys years so feel slightly loyal to them.

At the moment I am in business with a partner and we are looking at the 02 €99 (plus Vat) offer per person. It includes all calls to all numbers in Ireland and landlines in Northern Ireland.

After VAT it would be about €240 I suppose which would be roughly just under our combined bills on an average month.

Just wondering if anybody thinks theres any differance between the service of both or is price the only thing I should consider!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

I dunno if I should post here, but we currently have the best customer care in Ireland as well as providing the best 3G coverage in the country. The €99 O2 relaease plans do offer great value compared to the other networks at the moment its a real recession beater.

Mods if this post is against the rules you can remove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Definatley rather vodafone but sell o2 again, what put me off signing up to 02 release was the inability of SEVERAL 02 customer care representatives to apply the changes(activate the 99e tariff) to a customers account, their customer care is good, nice people but same goes for vodafone, 3g is better on 02 than vodafone but do you use 3G at all? But as you're already on vodafone take a look at their wireless office tarriffs , or for vodafones tailor made tariffs call 1800800223 or ask for a call back for a business account manager to contact you in regards to changing your bill tarrifs, hope this helps!

more info: http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts_bus/tailoring/

In general most care agents will not be able to activate this plan unless you are in store or in contact with myself as we need to confirm the account is a business one. Once activated you are flying on the cheapest unlimited plan in the country and every penny counts at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Cheers for the response.

Between myself and my business partner our bills would come to roughly 300e per month or so. I am currently on the Vodafone 400 plan (not sure what they are on) but we were told we were on appropriate plans for our call usage. There is a vodafone modem aswell included in that (ie monthly cost included).

It appears that if I could get a decent 02 Rep to agree to the €99 + VAT x 2 , + €17 (and VAt) would come to €260 all in no matte how many calls I made.

Also there is a mention on the 02 website that you can avail of €89 per month if you dont take an upgrade, obviously I would be looking to avail of this offer, hopefully with a phone or two thrown in!

I normally find Vodafone quite good in the customer care area but have hit a bit of a wall regarding discussing more favourable tariffs and upgraded phones (the one I have is useless, worst erickson phone ever, drops calls, turns itself off, loses pictures . . . ) but vodafone just said I wasnt entitled to an upgrade. Our "business Account Manager" has been less then helpful up to now (will see if he eventually gets back to me, I told him that 02 have given me a significant offer and that if he doesnt get back to me Im off).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

...but we currently have the best customer care in Ireland...

According to whom?

OP - that Eur99 deal from o2 is good. Have a couple of people in my office on it and it has saved us money compared to the wireless office package we were on with Vodafone.

Overall, have found Vodafone more professional to deal with. The o2 website is nothing short of a disgrace, if it's not down, it's on a go-slow. Having said all that, o2 are cheaper than Vodafone.

• Advertisement

mick_irl wrote: »
    According to whom?

OP - that Eur99 deal from o2 is good. Have a couple of people in my office on it and it has saved us money compared to the wireless office package we were on with Vodafone.

Overall, have found Vodafone more professional to deal with. The o2 website is nothing short of a disgrace, if it's not down, it's on a go-slow. Having said all that, o2 are cheaper than Vodafone.

This is true actually, their website is a complete shambles of the highest order, Daryll neglects to include that but thats understandable. I'd get the internet from 02 over vodafone any day as theres less congestion(number of users) on 02. I don't have any details on the number of mins you use monthly but would you use more than 1500 mins a month between you and your partner? its 200e a month (yes I know its not unlimited but...)

And Daryll, I tried several times in work (02 agent) to get the release plan activated for customers and it took so many phone calls I lost count, and I was told the same by someone else who tried to get it activated (with the VAT and Company number) in a store so no its not easy, in my experience to get this activated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

we currently have the best customer care in Ireland as well as providing the best 3G coverage in the country.

i'll give you the customer care one;) but the best 3G coverage is a bit of a stretch....if i'm not mistaken 02 have a lot of network upgrading to do before they catch up with 3 in terms of 3G coverage......

I could be wrong though....

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    This is true actually, their website is a complete shambles of the highest order, Daryll neglects to include that but thats understandable. I'd get the internet from 02 over vodafone any day as theres less congestion(number of users) on 02. I don't have any details on the number of mins you use monthly but would you use more than 1500 mins a month between you and your partner? its 200e a month (yes I know its not unlimited but...)

And Daryll, I tried several times in work (02 agent) to get the release plan activated for customers and it took so many phone calls I lost count, and I was told the same by someone else who tried to get it activated (with the VAT and Company number) in a store so no its not easy, in my experience to get this activated!

You can just deal with me through the forum that is never down :)
    i'll give you the customer care one;) but the best 3G coverage is a bit of a stretch....if i'm not mistaken 02 have a lot of network upgrading to do before they catch up with 3 in terms of 3G coverage......

I could be wrong though....

You could be ;)

You can just deal with me through the forum that is never down :)

Thats fine Daryll , not dishing you but why should I need to resort to the 02 Forum, customer care should know enough on how to activate the plan, thats what I'm getting at. I rather talk to someone than have to type, this being Customer Care than type on the forums and wait for a responce, is it lazyiness, yes probably! PS I don't have a forum account;)(I myself am vodafone customer)

Thing is they cannot activate the plan because the are simply not able to. That is why you need to go to a store. If you don't want thats fine too. :)

P.S. I do talk on a phone too ;)

• Advertisement

Thing is they cannot activate the plan because the are simply not able to. That is why you need to go to a store. If you don't want thats fine too. :)

P.S. I do talk on a phone too ;)
    I am "THE STORE!!" Don't think I've ever spoken to you over the phone before. Is it customer care(1909) you work on or what because you always seem to know what to do it'd be a help!;)

Back on topic-OP ring vodafone again and see what they can do and if you dont get anything, 02s your option!:)

Back on topic-OP ring vodafone again and see what they can do and if you dont get anything, 02s your option!:)

hey you forgot to mention my friends....business sharer is worth a look as well.....cheaper than voda the last time I looked...

I make outbound phone calls to my customers on the forum. You probably only talk to the activations team right? They do have the power to add the plan. PM me with the problems you encounter and I will raise it with their team leader.

OP one thing vodafone lack which I think would be great is something like a vodafone forum like 02 have. I've been keeping an eye on the 02 forums since they were launched, Daryll and Paddy seem to get alot done for the customer and provide excellent online care with alot of different typre of services, and provide excellent advice.

Drunkmonkey, I didn't say anything about three for a reason, the OP was asking about 02 and vodafone but OP you might like to look at
    http://three.ie/business/business_priceplans.htm for threes tariffs. Honestly though I'd go vodafone or 02! Hope that helps in some way!

Drunkmonkey, I didn't say anything about three for a reason!

ya, Sam would bust you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ya, Sam would bust you:D
    If you and Sam want to argue take it to PM. Don't start drawing each other into arguments.

If you have a problem with this post then go to feedback.

Now, back on topic.

Still no call from Vodafone rep.

Ive left messages, havent been able to get ahold of him.

To be honest with that kind of attitude Im inclined to just move to 02.

why do you need a rep, can you not just drop into a store...

@Ah Watch, can he not just drop into a store?

why do you need a rep, can you not just drop into a store...

@Ah Watch, can he not just drop into a store?

He is a business rep. He contacted my partner when he changed his phone (not through vodafone) saying "come to me" if you need these sort of things fixed.

It says on the vodafone website that they have great business customer service, well I havent seen it. He refused to take my call because I did not have authorisation on our accounts (which we had clarified already) and then didnt even contact my partner to say that somebody was looking for information on the account.

My gripe is, dont claim to have something when you obviously dont (great business service reps). Dont tell me somebody will "get back to you" when they havent and have no intention of doing so. Broken promises should be left for governments not Service representitives. Seems like its the old chestnut, dont waste time on existing clients, just focus on getting new people on board.

An 02 rep said that they would sit down, go through my bills and work on whats the best plan for me. I find going into shops the best they are at is selling phones.

On the phone customer care are even less helpful (or able) when trying to "plan" the best package.

Out of curiosity, whats the story with changing providers during a year contract. Not sure when we last got an upgrade!

Well if you need anything from me give me a shout.

• Advertisement

Have to agree, if they havn't the decency to get back in contact with you then leave them, vote with your feet as people say;) and yes people I did say leave vodafone:eek::eek::eek::eek::D

Go for 02! as for your contract, if you're still in one with vodafone you'll be charged for getting out of it, get your partner to ring vodafone and check if either number are still in contract-if they ask why tell them straight out why it is that you want to find out!

Best of luck!

Advertisement