Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz/Blues venues in City? (all-year)

Options
  • 06-02-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Hey all!

I need some advice. I really really wanna get back to attending live music and I can't seem to find any info on the best places for jazz/blues/easy listening type music in Cork. Every time I search all I get is Jazz Festival references but Im looking for something that runs all year that I can attend!

HELP, thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

The Crane Lane does Jazz & Blues afaik. http://www.cranelanetheatre.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

the beale street blues bar near city hall is a great spot. loads of live blues and jazz and others on occasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

For blues try the corner house off mccurtin st on thursday nights. Charlies and Whiskey (formerly beal st blues bar) have music on most nights (haven't been in a while myself though.

For jazz keep an eye on event listings such as the ticket in the irish times. The Triskel arts centre is worth checking out. Ticket prices can be high though.

Advertisement