Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

440mm Radiators-HELP!

Options
  • 06-02-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a leaky radiator, only problem is its an old 440mm width single rad. They dont make these anymore, the closest is a 400mm, and the pipes coming out of the floor are fixed at 400mm centres. Would anybody know where i could get my hands on one of these old rads, or any other ideas???

Appreciate any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I would not use an second hand radiator - no way of knowing how much corrosion is inside it.

If you change one of the rad valves to a straight rather than right angle pattern you can extend the pipe on one side to suit the new smaller radiator. You might need a short bit of 1/2 inch pipe and a couple of fittings. Use solder fittings if possible as they are less bulky and look better when cleaned up and painted.

Alternatively you could make up an offset piece of pipe by putting two 45 degree bends in opposite directions to give you the offset you need to use a standard right angle pattern rad valve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi Burly
    You can buy extension pieces to fit from rad valve to rad any good plumbing merchants would have them
    Heatherview

Advertisement