Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving from BT to someone else...

Options
  • 06-02-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

Good morning all.

I have both a BT DSL line which my 12 month contract finished on last month and i am wondering about moving to someone else. BT say their line is unlimited, but it was capped last month for the last half (kind of downloaded and uploaded about 60gb -70gb...). anyway, it maxes out at about 6-7mb (i am 5k from my exchange) and i am being told thats the best i can hope for.

So, is this actually the best i can hope for? would moving to Magnet, smart or anyone else (except Eircom) help?

ideally i want a line that wont limit what i can download, gives decient upload (about a meg would be nice, more is better) and has a nice or non existant contention ratio... Any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Smart is the only one that comes close to what you're looking for. Availability could be an issue. None of the other bitstream resellers are likely to be any better than BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

they look interesting... anyone have any comments about them in the Tallaght Area?

Advertisement