Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Jobs in UCD

• 06-02-2009 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi, any students managed to get part-time jobs in UCD? I need to get a job and it'd be really handy to have one on campus. saw last year restaurant advertised but money was pretty bad.
    Anyone here ever get office work? I know some of the offices are closed weekends when I want to work but the receptions arent- Are they students? They look pretty young anyways. Am thining about handing in my CV to one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I applied for one last year, and never heard back from them. If an employer can't manage the basic courtesy of a follow-up, they don't get another application from me.

Note: if you're an undergraduate you will be offered a fixed "undergraduate" wage. Experience, no matter how relevant, is not a factor. I was told this during the interview, and I think the look on my face did not count in my favour. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

SU Employment dude FTR; let one of the sabbaticals earn their wage for once.

Also, check out the board outside the SU office in the Student Centre - you'll find part-timers and nixers on it.

Advertisement