Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Malta

Options
  • 06-02-2009 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hey All,

Am moving to Malta in 2 weeks for a few months and was wondering if anyone had any tips?

Where best to look for a job for example? Or if anyone knows anything about the place would be great to get some tips!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Teamhar

Lucky you! Malta is one of my all-time favourite places and I'd love to retire there some day!

I'm guessing you've been before?

Is a small island with a very small population so jobs are at a premium. I guess it depends on what your skills are? There are plenty of outdoor activity places- sailing, diving etc along with hotels, bars and restaurants. The wages are very low, but cost of living is low to match. At least you'll get the weather! IT skills are useful.

As English is one of their official languages and most people speak it without thinking about it, you won't have a problem. A lot of the big British retail stores and banks are represented on the main island of Malta- Sliema, St Julians or Valetta are your best best for these kind of jobs. I'd skip Valetta personally.

http://malta.jobs.com/

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MT2

Hey Thanks a mil for that T!

I've actually never been there so it's all gona be a surprise for me!!

Love the mediteranean though so happy days!!

Cheers,

MT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 killianm

Did you go to Malta? I have a few jobs in a Pharma company in Malta (I recruit for their Irish facility and their Maltese operations asked me to look for people here to go to Malta) but have never been and when people are asking about what it is like to live there I am not 100% on what to tell them? Whats it like living there?? Does everyone speak English? Thanks! :confused:

Advertisement