Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter vs AC on the BBC?

• 06-02-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/italy/24512/default.aspx

According to the above link, the Milan derby may be shown on BBC on sunday 15th, mainly due to interest in the league rising since Beckham has gone to Milan.

I wonder if Beckhams arrival in Italy will produce an increase in the exposure of the Italian league as his arrival in Spain did, there were few games shown before his arrival at Madrid and from that season on there were loads.

Hopefully it does mean a return of Italian football to terrestrial tv, as it is way to hard to see games at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Whats the chances he gets injured before the game and makes no appearance !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

when is this fixture on? This article doesn't give any information about the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It will almost certainly be the evening game (19.30) on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

jaysus serie a on the bbc????? no thanks.

get it back on rte please or bravo preferably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

anladmór wrote: »

what's wrong with having it on the bbc? I'm also fairly certain rte have never showed serie a football, unless they did in the days of Brady which I highly doubt they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

carlop wrote: »
    what's wrong with having it on the bbc? I'm also fairly certain rte have never showed serie a football, unless they did in the days of Brady which I highly doubt they did.

They used to have a highlights programme on Monday night and was very popular - though this was ages ago as i was still in Primary school at the time so 20 year ago.

Warper wrote: »
    They used to have a highlights programme on Monday night and was very popular - though this was ages ago as i was still in Primary school at the time so 20 year ago.

Apologies, I never knew that, though I would have been 1 at the time. Was it started when Brady went over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I think that was La Liga, was it not??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

carlop wrote: »
    Apologies, I never knew that, though I would have been 1 at the time. Was it started when Brady went over?

Nope.

James Richardson used to present, it was exactly like the show that used to be on Ch4 too.

I used to love that Serie A show on a Monday night, watch with me Dad.

Van Basten playing for Milan.

My all time hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Des wrote: »
    Nope.

James Richardson used to present, it was exactly like the show that used to be on Ch4 too.

My all time hero.

I don't recall the RTE one having any presenter as such ? Thought it was just voice over - again my memory of this is hazy

Oh and it's Milan not AC :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Without James and Elvis Costello it's not the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

gustavo wrote: »
    I don't recall the RTE one having any presenter as such ? Thought it was just voice over - again my memory of this is hazy

That's how I remember it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

RTE used to have serie a and dutch football on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I think it was on TG4?

Not yet on this website http://www.live-footballontv.com/

Sunday 15th February 2009
    Sun 15th Feb Ajax V Feyenoord Dutch Eredivisie 11:30 Setanta Sports 2
    Sun 15th Feb Celtic V Rangers SPL 12:30 Setanta Sports 1
    Sun 15th Feb Everton V Aston Villa FA Cup 5th Round 14:30 Setanta Sports 1
    Sun 15th Feb Derby County V Man Utd FA Cup 5th Round 16:30 ITV1 / ITVHD
    Sun 15th Feb TBC La Liga 18:00 Sky Sports 3
    Sun 15th Feb TBC La Liga 20:00 Sky Sports 3
    Sun 15th Feb Monaco V Marseille Ligue One 20:00 Setanta Sports 2

Serie A was never on TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

La Liga was on TG4 I think, it was called Olé Olé, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

fwiw, it's on bbc3 at 19:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Des wrote: »
    Nope.

My all time hero.

Yeah, that was the highlight of the week alright. Monday night watching Van Basten :D Those were the days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

IIRC serie a started on network 2 after italia 90 maybe 1991 on monday nights .channel 4 also had it i think they started it when gazza went over ,live game on a sunday and highlights on a saturday with james richardson.milan were the business back then.would love to see it back on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

yabadabado wrote: »
    IIRC serie a started on network 2 after italia 90 maybe 1991 on monday nights .channel 4 also had it i think they started it when gazza went over ,live game on a sunday and highlights on a saturday with james richardson.milan were the business back then.would love to see it back on tv.

Correct.

The highlights programme on RTE was done by the same production company, it was really just the same highlights programme as on C4 but without Richardson. Then they replaced it with Major League Baseball for a year...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

would defiantly watch that if it was on tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Setanta should buy it and Richardson won't have to get a taxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Agreed, no Italian football show would be complete without Richardson and Peter Brackley doing the commentary. You just can't beat that.

Wicked if the derby is on BBC3 - btw the RTE show was i think the C4 show, i mean it was hardly RTE over in Italy - it had the GOALLLLLLLLAZIO phrase on it, at least thats what it sounded like

the RTE show was i think the C4 show, i mean it was hardly RTE over in Italy - it had the GOALLLLLLLLAZIO phrase on it, at least thats what it sounded like

The programme RTÉ and Channel 4 showed was essentially the exact same minus James Richardson on RTÉ

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

The best part of it was when Richardson was sitting outside the Cafe going through the sports papers explaining what rumours and transfer speculation were being reported.

yabadabado wrote: »

No Serie A was on Network 2 before 1990, as i stated it was on when i was in Primary School - prob when i was around 11 and i was born in 1976 so it was on in 1987 for definite. There was no host on the show just Baresi, Baggio and that little Urugrayan fella for Inter - what was his name again (no not Recoba).

The best part of it was when Richardson was sitting outside the Cafe going through the sports papers explaining what rumours and transfer speculation were being reported.

Haha James Richardson is an absolute legend. It always struck me what a great life he had, sitting in the sunshine in a t-shirt eating a massive sundae and being served by a hot waitress as he'd read out the headline from la gazzetta. I pretty much want to be him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Great news, as long as Serie A comes back on tv (even if it means a highlights show) I'll be happy camper, getting sick of only having coverage of two good leagues, with the occasional French/ German/ Dutch game on Setanta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Pigman III

If it was on I'd watch it, but let's just hope both teams sit back hoping for a counter attack! I'm not really eyeing up Serie A since it left Bravo, are Ronaldiniho & Kaka able to play together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

No Serie A was on Network 2 before 1990, as i stated it was on when i was in Primary School - prob when i was around 11 and i was born in 1976 so it was on in 1987 for definite. There was no host on the show just Baresi, Baggio and that little Urugrayan fella for Inter - what was his name again (no not Recoba).

ruben sosa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

SPORT: Match of The Day Live
    On: BBC 3 (115)
    Date: Sunday 15th February 2009 (starting in 8 days)
    Time: 19:00 to 21:20 (2 hours and 20 minutes long)

Inter Milan v AC Milan.
    Live coverage of the Serie A derby between Inter and AC Milan at the San Siro.
    (Stereo, Widescreen, Live, Subtitles)

8 games on tv next Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yah seen his wondrous volley on that show. have yet to find it on youtube.

Keeper kicks it long its going of play about 15 yards to the left of goal, Sosa somehow gets on it and volleys from looks like right on the line with bend so it goes in behind the keeper.

has to be seen to be believed, stunning volley better than van bastens as hes practically on the line when he hits it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

will be chalking that fixure down in my diary.
    I need a break from the panto EPL anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Pigman III wrote: »
    If it was on I'd watch it, but let's just hope both teams sit back hoping for a counter attack! I'm not really eyeing up Serie A since it left Bravo, are Ronaldiniho & Kaka able to play together?

Neither team plays counter attacking football.

both play aggressive posession based football and are extremely attack minded (especially Milan) and go for the win.

Yes kaka and ronaldinho can play together, they've been doing it for years, have world cup winners medals and all...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

anladmór wrote: »

rte never hard it.

would love if this game was on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

dreamers75 wrote: »
    yah seen his wondrous volley on that show. have yet to find it on youtube.

Keeper kicks it long its going of play about 15 yards to the left of goal, Sosa somehow gets on it and volleys from looks like right on the line with bend so it goes in behind the keeper.

has to be seen to be believed, stunning volley better than van bastens as hes practically on the line when he hits it.

Not this from roberto carlos?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

So it took Beckham to bring Serie A back to our screens. I knew he would be good for something eventually

Richardson=Legend

Would liek to see RTE show an alternative league again like Serie A or Eredivisie or even Bundesliga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Agreed, no Italian football show would be complete without Richardson and Peter Brackley doing the commentary. You just can't beat that.

Man do i miss that show! Satruday morning at 10am if i recall right. Richardson had a great life sitting there in the sun reading the paper chatting to some of the biggest names in world football, bet he whishes he was still there.

Advertisement