Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue piercing

• 06-02-2009 3:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Right, ive a good few piercings already but this is one ive always wondered about. Im bored at home and thinking about going in to get it done. Im 25, is it too old for this particular piercing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

there's no age limit on piercings dude

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Oh i know that, i have 6 facial ones already. This is just one ive wondered about for a while, its normally little annoying kids that have it done.

Melion wrote: »
    Oh i know that, i have 6 facial ones already. This is just one ive wondered about for a while, its normally little annoying kids that have it done.
    3tongue.jpg?t=1233930087

*cough cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I've my tongue done 9 yrs now... I got it done as an annoying little kid!!!
    I'm in the same prediciment as you though... wondering how old is too old for these types of piercings!
    I've just turned 26 and it's making me think I need to re- assess and grow up a bit :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm 29 and would get one done if I could.

There is no "too old".

• Advertisement

Yeah, I agree to an extent- but you know sometimes when you see scummer ma's in tracksuits with eyebrow/ tongue piercings etc?
    I'd hate to be viewed as one of them!!! (Even though I'm not a ma and don't wear tracksuits!!)

Lillylilly wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree to an extent- but you know sometimes when you see scummer ma's in tracksuits with eyebrow/ tongue piercings etc?
    I'd hate to be viewed as one of them!!! (Even though I'm not a ma and don't wear tracksuits!!)
    well if your not a tracksuit pram pushing person how could you be confused with one?

:) It's the best way I can describe "those" sorts of people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

"those" sorts of people!!

You say you'd hate to be viewed as one of them, and then call them "those sorts of people"? Seems a bit hypocritical to me - if you don't want to be viewed as a stereotype for having a tongue piercing, then don't stereotype others.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I'm 29 and would get one done if I could.
    There is no "too old".

Im 34 and I want it done.Even have a gift voucher sitting in my wallet for it that I havent gotten around to using yet.

• Advertisement

Ah **** it, im going to get it done now

Sorry if it comes across as stereotyping. I do not see it as appealing or attractive to be an older woman with facial piercings. I'm being flippant with my language but did not mean to offend anyone. It's my way of describing the vision I do not like.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sorry if it comes across as stereotyping. I do not see it as appealing or attractive to be an older woman with facial piercings.

My wifes the same age as me,has facial piercings and I find them quite hot tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

I do not see it as appealing or attractive to be an older woman with facial piercings.

There are a lot of things that certain people don't find appealing or attractive. Doesn't mean the rest of the world thinks the same.

And I did not say they do. It's all my opinion, I've never stated otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you don't like "the look" of "certain people" with them done, then it's probably not for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I've never really understood why anyone worries about what people think of them with a tongue piercing. It's generally a piercing that people won't know about unless you actually tell them or show it to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I'm in the same prediciment as you though... wondering how old is too old for these types of piercings!
    I've just turned 26 and it's making me think I need to re- assess and grow up a bit :(

But you look like a hippy anyway, so it suits you :pac:

(This is my big sis, Peoples!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

LMAO eh i'm 36, have 3 kids and have no intention of growing up anymore, life is too short, do what you want and to hell with what peeps think, i look the way i want, dress the way i want, get tatts that i want . ...... do what ever makes the child in you happy NOT what u think u should do cause ur birthcert says ur a certain age,its only a number, let that wee kid in u play and never grow old;)

Texted the piercer, no jewellery to do it so next week will have to do :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement