Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuna Pasta sauce

• 06-02-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Anybody have a nice recipe for a sauce to go with some pasta and tuna?

Ever a jar of some sauce would be grand but i dont know what would go well with tuna.:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Put a few cherry tomatoes in a wok and soften them along with some garlic, onion, chilli, etc......
    Boil your pasta and when cooked, throw it into the wok, then put your tuna in to heat
    Finally a heaped tablespoon of green pesto and mix it up!

Bob's your anties brothers uncle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Dolmio do a tomatoe and cheese pasta bake sauce that they recommend for tuna, I had it last week- it was yummy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rocally

Schwartz Tuna Napolitana - very tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

1 tin chopped tomatoes
    1 medium sized cooking onion
    2 cloves garlic
    mixed herbs (or spices)
    2 Chilli peppers (if you want a hot sauce)
    Ground black pepper
    Salt (if desired)

Pour chopped tomatoes into blender
    Finely chop onions, soften by boiling gently (or frying gently) for about 2 minutes.
    Add onions to chopped tomatoes in blender
    Crush garlic cloves, add to blender
    Chop chillis, removing seeds (be careful to wash hands thoroughly before touching eyes!!!), add to blender
    Add mixed herbs [or spices] to taste (be generous)
    Add pepper and salt to taste
    Blend.

That's your sauce, the onions help thicken the sauce :)

In the mean time you can be boiling/steaming/frying your veg and boiling your pasta in the saucepan. Add sauce to veg, heat for about 3-5 mins, add tuna, stir. Drain pasta, plate up and serve :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Take any of the tomato sauce recipes from the tomato sauce, and add your tuna to it.

If you like it zingy, add some chilli, some tobasco, or anything of that sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

r3nu4l wrote: »
    1 tin chopped tomatoes
    1 medium sized cooking onion
    2 cloves garlic
    mixed herbs (or spices)
    2 Chilli peppers (if you want a hot sauce)
    Ground black pepper
    Salt (if desired)

Pour chopped tomatoes into blender
    Finely chop onions, soften by boiling gently (or frying gently) for about 2 minutes.
    Add onions to chopped tomatoes in blender
    Crush garlic cloves, add to blender
    Chop chillis, removing seeds (be careful to wash hands thoroughly before touching eyes!!!), add to blender
    Add mixed herbs [or spices] to taste (be generous)
    Add pepper and salt to taste
    Blend.

I do something similar, except that I don't use the blender other than to pulverise the tomatoes, and I don't add chili (I suppose I really mean that I use fairly similar ingredients). I break tinned tuna into the mixture late in the cooking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

You could make Puttanesca with tuna instead of anchovies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

My brother has a very simple recipe. He just cooks the pasta and adds tuna sweetcorn and garlic mayo. He also eats it from the sausepan "to save on washing up"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Emulsion of lemon juice and olive oil in equal parts, chopped parsley, fried garlic, tuna and linguine or spaghetti.

Advertisement