Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Points

• 06-02-2009 4:09pm

I have 500 Microsoft Points left. What should I purchase with them? Have already downloaded Worms and Fable 1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Gemometry wars 2 and heard Braid is good but havent played it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

get the demos first, i did and am glad i purchased neither, in my opinion arcade games are a waste of space, you could rent movies with them!

I'm a huge fan of Worms, so didn't need to get the demo - also I'm enjoying Fable.

What else might I be able to purchase? Any themes people can recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

meant the demos of geometry wars and braid!

rent 'a night at the roxbury' for 250 its hillarious!

I could probably just buy that for €2 at this point from HMV. Ha.

• Advertisement

Not sure how much it is, but for an old school FPS experience, go with Doom.

If that's to many points, Sonic or Golden Axe.

I downloaded the demo of Doom recently actually. I'm very bemused at how you didn't actually have to aim. Just point at the wall, shoot, and the person standing 10 foot above you gets shot.

But it still kicks ass.

I downloaded the demo of Doom recently actually. I'm very bemused at how you didn't actually have to aim. Just point at the wall, shoot, and the person standing 10 foot above you gets shot.

But it still kicks ass.

Ah, that was the old "pseudo" 3d system! It was a move up from Wolf 3d, which was level all the way through.

But yes, Doom will forever kick ass! :D

Ah yes, I must really track down Wolf 3d. Man, that game was great. I downloaded the demo of Duke Nukem 3D. It's brilliant, but not worth it to download the full version.

Ah yes, I must really track down Wolf 3d. Man, that game was great. I downloaded the demo of Duke Nukem 3D. It's brilliant, but not worth it to download the full version.

I assume that's the new version of Duke 3d? I remember enjoying the old one, but playing it I always felt that I was somehow betraying my Doom sensibilities! :P

It'd be great if they ported over the original Duke Nukem to the X-box and put it on the marketplace. It was one of the first games I had for my first PC (a Wang 386)!

Yes, it was an easy game, but the nostalgia value of playing it would be through the roof! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement