Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking pipe under Shower Tray

Options
  • 06-02-2009 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi, Upstairs outlet pipe in shower tray has a small but consistent leak and is beginning to seep down into my kitchen ceiling BTW had the same problem about a year ago and got it fixed by a plumber and everything seemed to be Ok. Well it's back again and it's a pain in the ar$e to have to wait for a plumber again and get tiles up etc. I was wondering does anyone know of any type of sealant or solution that I could pour down the shower outlet hole to fix the leak? or any other suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Sorry to hear about your leak. Unfortunately anything you could pour down the drain to seal the leak might also block the whole outlet.
    If your waste was fixed last time, it should have stayed fixed. A shower waste shouldn't move, neither does it get hit or kicked, so the only way it could leak is that it wasn't on properly the first time.

As an idea, I've done this myself, you can get good access from underneath the shower. In other words cut a hole in the cealing from under the shower tray. Often that will be a cheaper and easier fix for the waste. If you have to lift tiles and the tray, and anything happens it can be really expensive.

While the waste is exposed, put some expanding foam around the length of the waste after its been tested, this will stop further movement.

Hope that helps ya

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭badinfleunce

Check out this guy, I used him a while back and hes pretty cheap. Was able to get out to me in a matter of hours www.plumberdublintoday.ie. We had a leaking tap in bathroom and he was able to fix it fairly quick I think he charged around 60euros or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Thank you for the replies, I'l try going at it from below, living down south btw so i'll try find a plasterer to repair the hole that I make.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

im looking for a plumber can you recomend one ?

Advertisement