Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone not reading SIM card

• 06-02-2009 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Ok so here's the story... I just bought an iPhone on ebay its jailbroken and unlocked it arrived today, i rushed to put in my sim card and play with my new toy!
    However even though my sim is in the phone its not registering and all it says is no sim... im far from a technical genius and badly need help to sort this out!!
    Any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

This crisis really puts all those job losses into context.

A quick google search will solve your problems, iphone related of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This crisis really puts all those job losses into context.

:D Brilliant. Well said.

Google hasn't been made redundant, has it? Has Boards.ie search function?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mytummyhurts

yes ok your sarcasim is duely noted thanks anyways!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Jesus Christ, it really is Black Friday for iPhone users 'round here today, isn't it?

Maybe try here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

noblestee wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, it really is Black Friday for iPhone users 'round here today, isn't it?

Maybe try here?
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Ah now people.

This was obviously a big purchase for this person. In comparison to the stuff that usually gets us excited around here I think this would class as a bit of a crisis.

OK so it's not life threatening but this is Mobiles & PDAs after all ... and I for one don't come here for politics or economics.

Now, does anyone have a clue about iPhones ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

long_b wrote: »
    Ah now people.

Now, does anyone have a clue about iPhones ? :)

Plenty of us do, its just that the answer to the question can be answered with two minutes on google, by the people that developed yellowsn0w.

I would guess they know a lot more than any of us on here and it saves us typing.

Yes I know I am now typing to explain why I am not typing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I hate subject lines which really don't explain the problem .. something along the lines of "iPhone not reading SIM card" would maybe have been a little more descriptive and might have got more responses.

Anyways, please keep to the OPs problem as funny as the recession jokes are ;)

OP - let us know what you have tried to do so far before we start throwing out ideas you've already come up with. I'm assuming you've tried resetting it, testing the SIM in another handset, testing another SIM in the handset, checking to make sure whatever jailbraking is done proper etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Ok so here's the story... I just bought an iPhone on ebay its jailbroken and unlocked it arrived today, i rushed to put in my sim card and play with my new toy!
    However even though my sim is in the phone its not registering and all it says is no sim... im far from a technical genius and badly need help to sort this out!!
    Any ideas???
    If it coming up with ' different sim detected follow this link'
    http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/iphone/guide-how-to-fix-different-sim-detected-after-jailbreak-unlock-38924.html

Advertisement