Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What price is your local Doctor charging for a visit in North County Dublin?

Options
  • 06-02-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Just an observation when I went to see my local Doctor
    (Don’t Know if im permitted to name them) but the surgery is in Skerries and they’re charging €65 for a visit!! :eek:

So if you bring in two kids it's a whooping €130???

I believe that they put the prices up in Jan 2009 from €55.

I find that for a 10 min visit, in these very tough times; that €65 is just plain greedy?

So I was wondering what does your local GP charge for a visit and are they all so expensive? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

This is from Irishhealth.com

€60-plus GP fee now common - poll
    [Posted: Mon 02/02/2009 by Niall Hunter, Editor]
    Nearly one quarter of GPs are now charging over €60 for a visit, according to the latest irishhealth.com viewers' poll.
    Nearly half of GPs around the country now charge over €55 for a visit, according to the poll findings.
    We asked our registered readers what their GP currently charges them for a visit and a total of 530 viewers took part in the poll.
    Seven per cent said their GP charges them over €65 for a surgery visit, while 15% said their GPs charge between €60 and €64 euro.
    A further 25% said their GP charges between €55 and €59 euro. The most common price band for GP fees was €50 to €54 euro, with 36% of viewers stating that their GPs charged fees at this rate.
    A further 9% said their GPs charged between €45 and €49 euros while 8% said their GP charged less than €45.
    Dr Ronan Boland, GP Chairman of the Irish Medical Organisatioon (IMO) said it was entirely up to the individual GP to decide what they should charge patients based on the cost of providing the service. He said the IMO had no role in recommending fees and was precluded from doing so under competition law.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Competition law!? We'll by the looks of it they have well rapped up in their favour.

We'll in Skerries the cheapest is €55 - dearest €65

They'll always have customers.

Those stats aside i was just wondering was there a big difference from town to town? As it's the largest surgery in Skerries that charging this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

The Bracken Clinic is €55 per visit. The previous price was €50.

I thought a 10% increase was out of order.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

dubmick wrote: »
    The Bracken Clinic is €55 per visit. The previous price was €50.

I thought a 10% increase was out of order.

Can I PM you DubMick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

sure, work away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elpam

My Doc in drumcondra charges 50 he never added on the increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Seaholm Surgery (Drs John, Sarah & Jack Keane) charge €55.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Seabury Medical Centre (Malahide) is now €65

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

45 euro just before Christmas. (Swords area)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elpam

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Seaholm Surgery (Drs John, Sarah & Jack Keane) charge €55.

My Doc is on Botanic rd 50 for me but have been gon there a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DubArk wrote: »
    I find that for a 10 min visit, in these very tough times; that €65 is just plain greedy?
    If I bring my car to a garage, they will charge several hundred just to 'look' at it and do something very minor.

Now I'm a lot more important than my car so I don't think €65 is over the top in comparison.

(I haven't been to my doctor (in Rush) for a year and a half or so but it was €55 then so I assume it's probably at least €60 now).

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

If I bring my car to a garage, they will charge several hundred just to 'look' at it and do something very minor.

Now I'm a lot more important than my car so I don't think €65 is over the top in comparison.

(I haven't been to my doctor (in Rush) for a year and a half or so but it was €55 then so I assume it's probably at least €60 now).

Cars V Humans!

You need to go to a different garage with your car if that is a fact.
    I send my car in and they get paid for repairs, labour and vat.

Sit in front of Doc..... Charged!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

€60 for John Veale in Malahide. Not accepting new patients though, last time I checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Larianne wrote: »
    45 euro just before Christmas. (Swords area)

Moved recently to the area, whereabouts in Swords is your doctor, Larianne?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

If you mean Dr. F Murray, then yep, he's charging €65 a pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Bracken Clinic in Balbriggan is €55 for Adults and €45 childers.

Advertisement