Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease agreement

Options
  • 06-02-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where i can download a sample lease agreement as my housemate needs to get one filled out in order to get her rent allowance sorted. She called the local health board and they said it can be found on the net and downloaded but they didnt know where to find it and fobbed her of that it would be easily found. Any help would be appreciated

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

googling 'sample lease renting Ireland' came up with http://www.lawsmart.com/documents/resid_lease.shtml
    any good?
    There's probably more, or you could try the legal forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

cheers JC

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

frag420 wrote: »
    my housemate
    Are you the landlord? If so, she is a lodger, not a tenant and a standard lease may not be appropriate.

The health board (HSE?) may just be looking for the details, not an actual lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

no we are both renting rooms in the house. the landlord also lives in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

then you are both lodgers not tenants and aren't leasing.
    contact the hb to get the situation cleared up as the "landlord" wont issue a lease in your situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

subway wrote: »
    then you are both lodgers not tenants and aren't leasing.

In that case, you can have what's known as a Licence Agreement. This can cover:

duration of the licence/letting
    minimum period of notice
    amount of rent, when to be paid, when /if it should be reviewed
    visitors- allowed or not, overnight or not
    noise levels allowed
    any additional services? meals? laundry?
    where/who keeps records/receipts of any rent/household purchases eg cleaning stuff
    Ground Rules: landlord may not enter licencees room (except I presume in cases of emergency - water leaks etc)
    rules regarding wear & tear beyond what would be normal
    access to other areas of house-kitchen/living room
    smoking/non-smoking
    use of faciities eg washing machine
    keys - who has them? who is allowed have them? do you get a key to your own room?
    any other issues.................suggeestions welcome!

Advertisement