Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candy Dishwasher not filling with water

Options
  • 06-02-2009 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

My dishwasher has been working perfectly until one day lately i noticed that there was water still sitting in the bottom of the machine.. the water drained out of it but ever since when i turn it on it there is no water coming to the machine. it sounds like everything is still working, as if the machine was trying to fill the machine but can't , any suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 2010House

I've the same problem on a siemens dishwasher, any suggestions.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm nearly sure that when a dishwasher starts a cycle, it drains before it attempts to take in water.

So if drain pipes are blocked, it possibly will lead to no water intake either, as it hasn't completed teh first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Are you on mains water or a well? I'm on a well that has particles of sediment and every now and then ( about twice a year) the filters on the inlet clog up and need to be cleaned. This causes the dishwasher to stop about 10 mins into the program and would leave water undrained in the bottom of the dishwasher like you had. Cleaning the filters is a fairly straightforward job as long as there is a service valve on the inlet pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ferny

am on mains.. i boiled kettle last night and poured it into sump to drain any blockage there might be, water just sat there, i turned on machine and water draind out, however still no water comin into machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

2 Things

First check the water inlet hose make sure it water is getting to the dishwasher

Then tilt the dishwasher backwards and forwards
    There is a little float switch that turns the water off when there is enough in the machine chances are that switch has become stuck so the machine thinks there is still water in there and won't let any more in.

• Advertisement

great.. will give that a go tonight, thanks for help lads

RESULT.... pulled out d/washer, disconnected pipe from back of machine and cleaned out filters, few small bits of dirt in filter, put back together, turned on and hey presto..... working perfect ever since. Thanks for help and advice all...Ferny

Hi Ferny,

Have to do the same thing tonight, talking to a very un diy minded female, the water supply to the dishwasher is the same supply as the washing machine, think its a T type pipe, any hints that I need to do, do I need to turn off the water first etc... Any suggestions would help.

2010House wrote: »
    Hi Ferny,

Have to do the same thing tonight, talking to a very un diy minded female, the water supply to the dishwasher is the same supply as the washing machine, think its a T type pipe, any hints that I need to do, do I need to turn off the water first etc... Any suggestions would help.

Delighted, went back to dishwasher last week and was sure I'd be going off buying one but for some reason, the "blockage" relieved itself and its back up and running!!! Thrilled. Thanks for all the advice, have printed them out and kept them with the instructions for any future occurances!!!

Advertisement