Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations for Chicago April 09?

• 06-02-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hey all,

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel in Chicago? Stopping over for two nights on my way back from Toronto and it would be cool to stay somewhere central and comfy but good value as well. Walking distance of main sites would be perfect.

Any must see places? Would also love recommendations for good blues/jazz bars!

Cheers,
    T.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Hotel Sax. Its very central and within walking distance to the Mag Mile and all of the major Theatres.

Its across the road from the House of Blues, and there are few nice local bars around that area. I was defo not a fan of the bar in the hotel, but I can not fault its location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SteamboatMark

Yeah house of blues, also wrigley field is class, specially if you can get in for a game. And the sky deck on sears is worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Absolutely love chicago! Lived there for a year and went back last summer with the girlfriend for 2 weeks and had an absolute ball, we stayed in the Affinia, beautiful hotel right in the heart of the magnificent mile. As for things to do I would highly reccomend the museum of science and industry you could spend a whole day here........ if the cubs are playing you have to go to wrigley field, its a great day out. Navy Pier at night is also worth a visit. If you were staying longer i'd reccomend getting the train to Waukegan (about 1 hour north by train) and going to six flags ammusement park, theres also a great outlet mall in Waukegan called Gurney Mills.
    My favourite blues bar in chicago was Buddy Guys http://buddyguys.com/ real cool authentic spot. I wouldnt bother with Sears Tower or the Hancock Building, I wasnt gone on the aquarium either. If I was spending 2 nights in chicago I'd head for Museum of science and industry, Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile and Lincoln Park zoo (maybe). Spend some time in Millenium park as well if you can.
    Hope this is of use, send me a PM if you need more info...

Advertisement