Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant for a big crowd

Options
  • 06-02-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

Guys I'm thinking of bringing a big crowd out for a get together...about 25 people.

What restaurants would be able to cater for this crowd on a Monday?

I'm thinking of going to Market Lane, Milanos, Isaacs or Hardwood.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated guys and gals...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Fabio wrote: »
    Guys I'm thinking of bringing a big crowd out for a get together...about 25 people.

luigi malone's cater for large groups, food is quite nice,bit pricey though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Fabio wrote: »

I would avoid the Market Lane. Went there at Christmas and the food was disgusting!! I would never ever go back there again!

Have you thought of Amicus? It could probably cater for 25 people.... It is on Paul Street (opposite Tescos)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

kingtut wrote: »
    I would avoid the Market Lane. Went there at Christmas and the food was disgusting!! I would never ever go back there again!

Have you thought of Amicus? It could probably cater for 25 people.... It is on Paul Street (opposite Tescos)

I've been to Market Lane loads of times and I think it is a pretty solid choice. Decent food, maybe you just ordered badly? Yeah, Amicus can also cater for 25 people. I wouldn't be confident with Hardwood, just based on my own experiences there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Illkillya wrote: »
    I've been to Market Lane loads of times and I think it is a pretty solid choice. Decent food, maybe you just ordered badly?

Nope I ordered what a lot of others ordered (there was about 20 of us).
    Mind you I worked in a kitchen for 7 years so I am very critical...
    Nevertheless the food sucked! Even the canteen at work is better that what they served up.

They didn't have any vinegar or garlic in the chimmi churri!!! :eek::eek::eek:
    Oh and the starter I had (Prawns served on a bed of thai noodles with chili sauce). The chili sauce came from a bottle! I really would have expected home made chili sauce. grrrr ok rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dgosul

try scoozies,really good there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Mcdonalds i'm sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

kingtut wrote: »

Went to Amicus a few weeks back and i was very unimpressed to be honest -it's gone way downhill for some reason - a lot of people i've tlked to have said the same thing.

Someone mentioned scoozis - that's completely overrated in my opinion but whatever floats your boat!

Il padrino is LOVELY but kinda small so not sure would it cater for that number:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Depending on how you're travelling, consider The Barn, situated between Mayfield and Glanmire. Always excellent, never been let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I've been to Market Lane at least 40 times, and have never been disappointed. I took a party of 30 to Green's and it was very good. Jacques is great too, apart from low ceiling.
    Amicus sucks bigtime, food is poor quality in my opinion.
    The Boardwalk is very good, if you can ignore the fool of an owner who floats around talking far too loudly (You know who he is!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Proby's Bistro would probably be able to do that. Huge floor space upstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Sis was in the Boardwalk last night and gives it the thumbs up, a little pricey but good quality food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Thanks for the replies guys.

Roar, last time I was in Luigi Malones I wasn't impressed - the food was only warm and the portion was poor enough I thought. Plus I've heard that they cook the food in Little Island and heat it then in the restaraunt. Their beef comes from Argentina too apparently...I like Irish beef! :)

Market Lane is winning in my mind so far guys.

I was at Amicus at it's old location and liked it but they've squeezed too many tables into the new place; no privacy at all.

Scoozis and Currans are a bit too casual for this one but are fine at what they do.

I'd like to try The Barn sometime but I've got to stay city centre for this one!

Advertisement