Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan Rd

Options
  • 06-02-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know whereabouts Phoenix FC play on the Navan Rd? I know the 39a passes it, but I can't remember where is it exactly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I think its on the junction of Kinvara avenue. The grounds are owned by Belvedere college.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ye that looks about right actually. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ha ha Gav.

:D

Des wrote: »
    ha ha Gav.

:D

Gotta be prepared Des.;) Just found out I can get a bus around the corner from me instead of walking to Christchurch, makes life so much easier.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Where exactly is it Gav? Can you link it through google maps to here?

• Advertisement

Anto McC wrote: »
    Where exactly is it Gav? Can you link it through google maps to here?

Haven't a clue how to link the actual map, just go to http://maps.google.com/ and type in "Baggot Rd, Dublin" and according to dancor it's there.:D

I'd say the club will release more info as to which one of the clubs pitchs it's actually on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

If its the allweather pitches you're after, they're in Scribblestown now, just up the road from me.
    If you're getting the bus from town, get off at the halfway house pub, Cross over the road and walk down the hill towards the railway station. Continue past superquinn in Rathborne apartments on the far side of the railway line to the bottom of the hill. At the crossroads, go straight through and continue uphill for about half a mile or so along a country lane. The pitches are at the top of the lane on the right hand side.

pheonix.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Safe to walk along this country lane?
    Like I've walked roads in D15 with no footpaths so I just wondering what it's like as it'll be dark after all
    Hope to attend this match, coming from Ashtown station

Supposely it's on their pitch off Glendu Road - beside GAA club Oliver Plunkets clubhouse according to someone on our forum.
    mikemac wrote: »

Phoenix FC fan?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Do they not play in the pitch beside Oliver Plunkett's GAA Club?

Edit: Didn't see the post before me.

• Advertisement

Says on the LSL website they play out in Mooretown.:confused: Shels better release more info to where it is actually being played, or it will be a fun Tuesday evening looking for what pitch it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I imagine it's their new all weather pitch.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I imagine it's their new all weather pitch.

Care to expand on that Ben? Which pitch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

mikemac wrote: »
    Safe to walk along this country lane?
    Like I've walked roads in D15 with no footpaths so I just wondering what it's like as it'll be dark after all

Reasonably safe if you make yourself visible to motorists. Generally not much foot traffic on it except locals (who are the nicest people ever!:D) and other soccer players heading up/down to the pitches.

But do check out Gavin's other posts, and check that the match is not on somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

My bro in-law used to play for them. I asked him yesterday. He said they have many pitches. The new all weather is the most likely though

deswalsh wrote: »
    If its the allweather pitches you're after, they're in Scribblestown now, just up the road from me.
    If you're getting the bus from town, get off at the halfway house pub, Cross over the road and walk down the hill towards the railway station. Continue past superquinn in Rathborne apartments on the far side of the railway line to the bottom of the hill. At the crossroads, go straight through and continue uphill for about half a mile or so along a country lane. The pitches are at the top of the lane on the right hand side.

pheonix.jpg

The match is being played here, confirmed on our forum. God this is going to be a fun trek.:D

When is the match on Gavin?

deswalsh wrote: »
    When is the match on Gavin?

Tomorrow night at 8pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

finglas.jpg

The 40A or the 40C will leave you where my map has the green line starting on Cardiffsbridge Road

Its only about a 10 minute walk from the Navan road to the pitches - I know this cos I do the walk very often. Part of the walk is a country lane, but its lit most of the way, and the only traffic you'll see tomorrow night will be going up to the pitches.

The other option for a bus from town of course is the 120 which has it's terminus in Rathborne, almost on the River Road at the Ashtown Road junction. 5 minute walk from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I'd second deswalsh(sorry to other des :)). Do NOT walk up the River Rd, its bloody dangerous, its a suicide mission, seriously. The quickest is to be dumped in Ashtown by bus/rail and walk down to it as described in deswalsh's map.

The lane is a country type lane(cul de sac) with mostly detached houses on the right hand side of it as you approach the top, with i think some agricultural centre on the left(white building).

It's not your typical country lane, just a lane that appears country like with residents living on it and is safe if your worried about any gurriers :) Bring something flourescent to put on you in the dark just in case though most of the journey will be sufficiently lit.

Oh and don't forget to have a pint in the Halfway House afterwards, you'll need it after all that ball chasing ;)

Advertisement