Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday: Sleet and Snow - Connaught, Leinster, Ulster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Mothman How long do you think we will have this snow for?

I went for a few pints last night and left my car down in wicklow town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Ditto :)

Can't say everything is covered as it already was! But all the ice and ruts are being filled in nicely.

This is fantastic! I'm so used to the dissapointment of atlantic fronts during cold spells travelling across Ireland as rain and then hitting the UK as snow.

IN THE FAMOUS WORDS OF BOB DYLAN "OH THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGING".SINGIN IT HERE I AM.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

yay, snow at last!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Doyler1981

nice covering of snow in Kilcock! Is there more snow to come and if so when is it likely to turn to rain!? Place looks brillant all white:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Heard weather forecast before 8 on RTE - they said heavy rain for south and south east tomorrow which may fall as snow further north. Details too sketchy at this point (they said).

Even though it's only just started here today - looking forward to the next! From famine to feast I say. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

yogidc26 wrote: »
    Mothman How long do you think we will have this snow for?

I went for a few pints last night and left my car down in wicklow town
    I'd say couple hours but it will thaw this afternoon in the town.

I think thaw could be stubborn inland.

Heavier
    0.1/-2.0C
    Nothing marginal about this for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Heard weather forecast before 8 on RTE - they said heavy rain for south and south east tomorrow which may fall as snow further north. Details too sketchy at this point (they said).

Even though it's only just started here today - looking forward to the next! From famine to feast I say. :D

Still snowing here, about 3cms I'd say.Not a whole lot,but its good 'dry' stuff.Seems to be easing anyway,probably thats it for now. That low pressure for tomorrow seems to be causing problems for the models,no-one seems sure how far north or how much sleet/snow MAY arise,if any,,,,,:rolleyes:

Snowing heavily here for the last hour.
    About another inch so far.

Currently -0.6c

dp is -2c

Calm

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Mothman wrote: »
    I'd say couple hours but it will thaw this afternoon in the town.

I think thaw could be stubborn inland.

Heavier
    0.1/-2.0C
    Nothing marginal about this for now.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

LET IT SNOW!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Snowing on O'Connell St, D1. A decent shower of it too. 15 mins thusfar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Snowing steadily, if not heavily, here now; settling well on everything. Temp -0.5 after an overnight low of -3.5. Calm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 slainte13

snowing heavy near trim it is like a winter wonderland:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Very nice covering on everything here:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 slainte13

This is just amazing weather for the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Snowing here too. About 1 inch lying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Trees and everything covered now, really lovely. Its fairly light stuff but welcome all the same :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-0.4c DP -1.5c Moderate snow. Half and inch at least so far.

I see Valentia is reporting 8c at 0800 - hope we don't get a dose of that later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Previous snow topped up nicely.

Still snowing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

D.16 here too.

Pretty much started snowing when Weathercheck said it would.

Pretty impressive.

Nice moderate snow here, all sticking due to existing snow/ice. On a hill and have not been able to move car in last two days. No chance now, unless the temps rise and the snow turns to rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Beautiful; everything's white - all the patchy bits left after last snowfall thaw are now being filled in. About a cm by now - hopefully a few more by the time it finishes; it's not going to turn to rain and ruin it, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snizzle here now, looking at the radar probably less than an hour left of precip, oh well its made everything pretty again :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    it's not going to turn to rain and ruin it, is it?
    I'm wondering this and I think I may not even see rain here from the front.
    Further north and inland even less likely.
    From the radar the precipitation seems to be dying away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

:eek:
    Woke up to 2.5 inches on the ground and still snowing heavily- wasn't expecting this at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

a good white inch here in Trim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Webcam shows snow has really stuck in Dublin city centre too.

-0.1c DP -1.1c Still moderate snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Well as a non 'met . guy' the snow here in Leixlip seems to have gone from a light frosting with slight trickling of snow at 730am ish to heavy general coverage with steady continuous fall at 9am.I simply cant imagine this gone by the afternoon .Road in our estate is covered in heavy snow .At this rate it will be at kerb height in an hour or two...Can an expert please confirm that I wont have to go to work tommorow !!!???PLEASE!I went into work 70km away last Tuesday (my birthday!) and it took an hour to do the last few km of my journey home around 430pm when the snow had compacted on the roads to sheet ice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I am being hopped off by snow in Rathdrum, its coming down in buckets.

woohoo!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

It's taken nearly 20 years for this kind of snow coverage to fall in my area. Finally!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement