Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching this forum

Options
  • 06-02-2009 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Is there a reason why there is no option to specifically search this forum? I would have thought it would be a valuable resource to people coming to terms with their sexuality to be able to read about the experiences of others?

I would search to see if this question was asked before but...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

...thats very odd, the option was there before I'm sure; now its missing off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

? - Searching seems to work fine.

Forum frontpage... all the way to the right and up a bit... 'Search this Forum'.... bingo.

//edit
    eh, it also seems to show up in the 'Search in Forums' list on the Advanced Search page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I can't search it either. Log out and search.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Boston wrote: »
    I can't search it either. Log out and search.

Logged out and was still able to search from the search page.

....or did you mean that logging out gets it working? Seems to work fine for me either way.

As you should be, but when you're logged in that link is generated dynamically. Its to do with user groupings, there's threads about the issue on the feedback forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Isn't search turned of for this forum the same as PI ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

What's the logic for that? I would have thought that these fora would benefit from search features. It was when I went to find the 'gay GAA' thread from before that I became unstuck, and doing a forum wide search of the words gay and GAA threw back mainly sports threads with insults at GAA players!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Bizarre. Works for me but then I have mod privileges. Must be a mistake if it's letting logged out users search but not logged in users. I'll post a request for the admins to take a look at it.

Really its a thread for feedback as its not up to the moderators but rather the admins. I'd the guess the idea is so people can feel they can post in this forum openly without worrying that anyone who clicks "find all posts by" will come across their posts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

and people who where previously moderators or subscribers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Nah, its been this way for years. Normal users cant search PI or the LGBT forum.

Advertisement