Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Lusk

Options
  • 06-02-2009 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi

Just followning on from the clamping thread. I live in Chapel Farm where its on street parking. Not designated

A couple of times visitors have had to park around the corner as the front of our house is full. The person who lives in the house they park at has come out a couple of times and told friends they cant park there.

There is room for 4 cars at their house and they have 2 cars so its not that they cant park outside their own house.

Am I correct in saying that we are within our rights to park there if need be as its on street parking ?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 pdb123

I live in chapel farm too, your mates are welcome to park outside mine anytime :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

LOL.. Thanks for the offer .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Carter12 wrote: »
    Hi

Just followning on from the clamping thread. I live in Chapel Farm where its on street parking. Not designated

A couple of times visitors have had to park around the corner as the front of our house is full. The person who lives in the house they park at has come out a couple of times and told friends they cant park there.

There is room for 4 cars at their house and they have 2 cars so its not that they cant park outside their own house.

Am I correct in saying that we are within our rights to park there if need be as its on street parking ?

thanks
    You are probably "well within your rights" to park there but you could ask them beforehand, in a neighbourly way, especially if it happens a lot.

Whenever any of our neighbours had people over (I lived, and my folks still live, in the old end of Orlynn Park) they just asked and we let them. Not asking is one way of pissing off your neighbours. If they say no I don't think they can actually say much about you doing it but at least you tried to be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Carter i had the same childishness as yourself before. My mates would park outside i told the neighbour it was free parking. I ended up getting a letter from there solicitor with the house rules to inform me that it wwas free parking. I just laughed as id say they got the same letter. nothing has been said since and there prob don 100 euro lol

Advertisement