Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pension Levy-PDFORRA Website

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Delightful stuff :mad:

Of course, out of all the different organisations to get hit which is the one that has no choice but to take this levy without any threat of industrial action and will have to fill the gaps if certain other organisations go on strike? The DF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

are the coppers not in the same boat too? they cant strike either.

The DF is one of the worst paid in the public sector, but they have jobs and pensions that 400,000 other people dont have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Nuttzz wrote: »
    are the coppers not in the same boat too? they cant strike either.

The DF is one of the worst paid in the public sector, but they have jobs and pensions that 400,000 other people dont have.

Yes and chances are a good lump of those 400,000 people made a killing when the economy was doing well, while we still weren't particularly well paid... So forgive me if I don't show sympathy for greed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Sorry folks just trawling around while on a break in a poker tourny, speaking of pensions (sore suject at the moment) do the army get a big pension. I know a guard gets half his last years wages (or so I'm told) as a pension. How does yours hold up againest the gardai. I for one have no problem with soldiers, firemen and guards etc getting a pension. Anyway back to the poker good night all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

EX Military, 15 odd yrs private sector.

Take yer medicine would be my advice, guaranteed pension all but unavailable anywhere else. I suspect that it will disapear to new joiners in the future.

Do not underestimate the value of what you have.

F*cking Banksters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Poccington wrote: »
    .............So forgive me if I don't show sympathy for greed.

So forgive me if I don't show sympathy for a state guaranteed pension and job security even if there is no work for you to do.

Us greedy gits in the private sector who are facing redundancy, unemployment and pension funds that are worthless deserve everything we get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP thanks for the heads up.

If anyone wants to rant about private sector -V- public sector jobs, security, pensions, greed etc take it over to After Hours where muppetry is allowed & expected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement