Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else getting ripped off by UPC/NTL?

Options
  • 06-02-2009 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I got NTL/UPC broadband and the tv box installed 2 weeks ago. We got the 20 mb package for the internet. So far we have only reached 9 mb on the broadband and our tv box keeps turning off. Ntl sent me a bill for 57 euro only 15 days after the we got the service. We have rang them and they have given us **** excuses like its netopia's fault regarding the broadband speed and they cant give us an answer for the box. Has anybody had this problem and what did you do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Plug your PC directly into the NTL provided router and check your speed. Also, how are you actually checking the speed? As for the bill - take into account that some services are charged for in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

It doe's go alot faster but i want the wireless speed to go faster and not to have it plugged in the whole time..As for the bill your probably right with that, but its still very annoying for the crap service i have received, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Buy a new router the one they give you is crap, problem solved, and how could it be netopias fault (eircom use netopia modems) The problem is the NETGEAR router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

What speed do you get when you try download this file while connecting direct to the modem Link
    As for your digibox turning off, is the box itself resetting or is the screen going blank no sign of guide or anything. Is the router the same one you were using with your dsl provider or did they give you a new Netgear router?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You wouldn't by any chance be using an old Eircom netopia router with it would you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

dub45 wrote: »
    You wouldn't by any chance be using an old Eircom netopia router with it would you?

I think he just said netopia but ment netgear

Advertisement