Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with xtravision, any staff here with advice?

Options
  • 06-02-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen plently of staff posting on boards but any advice appreciated.

I had a TV bookset and one movie out from my local store.
    I then did a stupid thing and returned them another store, it's one I also use a regular basis.
    Ok, it was my mistake but I doubt I'm the only person to use two xtravisions in their area and return DVD's to the wrong store.
    For the record, the cases didn't identify the store and I know sometimes the name of the store is on them.

Got a call from the store manager, where the hell where the DVDs???
    I realized what had happened, admitted my mistake and said the nearby branch has them, what do you want me to do?
    The manager told me to go to that store, pick up the DVDs and return them to the correct store. And don't forget the fine you are clocking up on a daily basis!

So I went to the other store and not suprisingly they wouldn't give me DVD's, they thought I was blagging some story to get some DVD's without payment. I can see their point of view, they wouldn't call the other store and they did check my account but they wouldn't give me them.

I don't know the procedure here. Tried to call head office but didn't get through. I'm a member of 7 years and easily spent thousands with them through renting and also buying stuff like ipods.
    Am I still clocking up a fine? Will try head office again but it might be Monday before they are open

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Thats ridiculous, go to the store you brought the dvds to and ring the one you should have brought them to while in there and get one manager to talk to the other one, it was your mistake but it could have easily been rectified with one phonecall, I used to work in a video shop (not xtravision) and that happened all the time with another nearby branch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Used to work in Xtra-Vision. Most dvds have the store name on them,so the store that got the wrong dvd's should have put them aside as they wouldn't be on their system. If they did happen to get filed away it would be even harder to find them because they are not on the system. However that store should have rang the store where you actualyl rented them to confirm that you have those dvds on your account,get the dvd number so that they can match it to the ones in store.

Go back to the store where you wrongly returned them and insist they ring the other store where you did rent them. Insist on it,they are supposed to. Bad customer service if they don't. Don't be pissy about it or anything but be firm.

Advertisement